What Tyres Do People Prefer.?

chrissyh08

i rode stock for 2 years and got loaaads of tires and my favs were the maxxis minions front tread pattern tyres (but use em front and rear)... in slow reezay dual compound.... best tyre ever!

but i dont think they make them in that compound anymore lol

but forme mod i hate maxxis, slip like fook on rails and wat not, pants grip for natty aswel... got meself some old school montys with white stripe and yay theyre lush... neva slippe don railings :P

i think echos might be the same so same vote for them lol

x

Maxxis creepy crawlers for me, there cheap and the tread lasts for ages :)

my mate has try all sticky's, and they have no tread left on them now, after having them for about 3 months, not to good for street unless u've got money to waste on them because they are really grippy when there not worn down but terrible when they are.

kiwi.

I have tried..

Try-All Front - Awesome, long lasting!

Try-All Back - Good grip I think, but wore down pretty fast.. Im riding mostly street, its also HEAVY!

Maxxis DH Rear - About the same grip as the tryall, but seems to last longer. Pretty heavy too, but what can I say.. dual ply I guess

Michelin Hot-S Rear - I wanted to try a really light tyre, and this was wicked. It was about 500-600 grams lighter than the tryall and maxxis tyres, and It felt great! Although the grip and puncture resistance was not as good as the other tyres.

Schwalbe Big Betty Rear - Dont have this on my bike yet, but I have tried my friends bike alot.. Very light and with a large volume, and great grippyness :)

I expect to be buying this one sooon :P

Oh, Im riding 26"..

//Danno

Edited by Dannoo

+1 Maxxis Creepy Crawlers have worked nicely for me on the mod, mostly street practice, but they seem nice on the rocks and dirt with the little amounts of time I've wandered out into nature's playground. Granted, I have no experience with other brands, but would like to give the Try-all brand a go for the front tire whenever I need a replacement.