Video Aboard The New 44 Trials Frame "caelifera"

muddyfox

Last Wednesday i had the chance to set up the brakes on the 44 bike the correct way around and take her for a spin for a few hours.

Right off the bat i noticed how stiff it felt, comparable to my coust infact. Also how comfortable it was. It usually takes me a couple of hours to adjust to different geo but i was hitting stuff first try on this bike and really enjoying the way it behaved.

Im looking forward to bashing it some more over the next few weeks and clocking some more footage.

Anyhow onto the vid.

For some reason vimeo is being gay and wont upload it so you'll 'have to make do with a youtube link for now.

black will be a colour option......Mod version in black.

I know it's a pain in the ass, but if you get a chance to skip over to OTN and check out http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/showthread.php?t=38483

A lot of your questions will be answered.

Also watch the vimeo version- it's mutch better http://www.vimeo.com/2091232

I will get an actual post up here, when I get more photos and we've had more time to put the frame through it's paces.

The caelifera is a UCI Comp' frame made of 7005 AL, it's quite light and super rigid.

ha yeah i know, just my new frame will be coming in like december for free. So i don't really need a frame, but very tempting with the custom geo option!

Very good job Dang! btw, going to be hot buy i bet, next koxx! haaha!

BTW Dang! are you planning on making some other parts like rims and so on? I know you have a frame and well there was talk about maybe a fork? and those 44tango pads are yours right?

Edited by joeyvaj

ha yeah i know, just my new frame will be coming in like december for free. So i don't really need a frame, but very tempting with the custom geo option!

Very good job Dang! btw, going to be hot buy i bet, next koxx! haaha!

BTW Dang! are you planning on making some other parts like rims and so on? I know you have a frame and well there was talk about maybe a fork? and those 44tango pads are yours right?

Thanks, it's taken a little over a year to get this going right.

44trials is a rider owned and driven company, our plan is to select key components and aspects of trials and improve upon or tweak things in

the way that we wish the market will move. There are some things like rims and freewheels that just don't make sense to jump into just yet.

I suspect a lot of this stuff is all made in the same place anyway... moving on...

A big part of this for me is listening to other riders and hearing what they want, what they have experienced and developing my product around riders needs.

Sure there are a lot of people spinning shit, but there are riders who really know what they are talking about and will pay for quality product that is designed around them.

I know I am not the only one tired of large manufacturers deciding what I want, for me- Honestly I do want to compete with Koxx, I think they have lost touch a little.

The 2009 line has some really aggressive geometry, that some pro's really want, but I'm not willing to pay that much to figure out if it works for me.

Don't get me wrong, I want a Koxx just as much as the next guy- But I can make a frame as light, as strong, with geometry that suits my body and riding style.

Koxx can't do that- Mr. Koxx doesn't give a damn about me and what I might want.

Anyway-

I am going to do my best to get some frames over to a few riders, hopefully they'll share. And I will also be sending some to Adam for testing next batch.

As I am doing these one at a time, they are going to take time to build. For what they are $700.00 US is cheap. There is little I can do about the VAT, sorry.

Hinmaton

Thanks, it's taken a little over a year to get this going right.

44trials is a rider owned and driven company, our plan is to select key components and aspects of trials and improve upon or tweak things in

the way that we wish the market will move. There are some things like rims and freewheels that just don't make sense to jump into just yet.

I suspect a lot of this stuff is all made in the same place anyway... moving on...

A big part of this for me is listening to other riders and hearing what they want, what they have experienced and developing my product around riders needs.

Sure there are a lot of people spinning shit, but there are riders who really know what they are talking about and will pay for quality product that is designed around them.

I know I am not the only one tired of large manufacturers deciding what I want, for me- Honestly I do want to compete with Koxx, I think they have lost touch a little.

The 2009 line has some really aggressive geometry, that some pro's really want, but I'm not willing to pay that much to figure out if it works for me.

Don't get me wrong, I want a Koxx just as much as the next guy- But I can make a frame as light, as strong, with geometry that suits my body and riding style.

Koxx can't do that- Mr. Koxx doesn't give a damn about me and what I might want.

Anyway-

I am going to do my best to get some frames over to a few riders, hopefully they'll share. And I will also be sending some to Adam for testing next batch.

As I am doing these one at a time, they are going to take time to build. For what they are $700.00 US is cheap. There is little I can do about the VAT, sorry.

Hinmaton

That was probably one of the best answers i've ever gotten from a question i've asked on any forum so far! good job :)

Also I really get what you mean with koxx and really i don't own anything koxx/try-all (so really no opinion on there product), just seems they are probably top of the line as in well the LIGHTNESS part of trials haha.

Truly my favourite company right now is deng, even if some say he is a willy or what not, but i love his approach on making a variety of parts (especially this year) in well many colours, also very many different frame styles (geo, colours, type, etc) . Basically almost any rider can probably build a bike, with availability to his parts and frames, to suit there needs (basically every one, even if they need to mod any thing; drillings and w.e). I also like that he will listen to the consumers ideas (or ripping them off of other designers) and designing decent parts for a decent price.

BTW i like that you are a rider and that you will be listening to the trials scene to accommodate to what we want and well what you want. I will be defintly keeping my eyes open on the forums and stores to see your parts and will try out something from you in the near future.

Happy designing and good luck!