Internet Help?

austen

Need some help!

My internet refuses to open links on here, or any site no matter what site it is, and it chooses when it wants to open sites, it only seems to work if i click on a site from my favorites and some of the time that doesnt even work!

Any ideas what it could be?

EDIT: Also my computer keeps freezing so i have to turn it off at the wall, and ive searched for virus's etc and nothings coming up!

Edited by austen

Need some help!

My internet refuses to open links on here, or any site no matter what site it is, and it chooses when it wants to open sites, it only seems to work if i click on a site from my favorites and some of the time that doesnt even work!

Any ideas what it could be?

EDIT: Also my computer keeps freezing so i have to turn it off at the wall, and ive searched for virus's etc and nothings coming up!

Open it up and vac it out, thats what i did and it hasnt been needed to switch off at the plugs for 4 months =].

Mat

Vacuum cleaner... hoover... that thing you use to put over your penis to get off... the thing your mum uses to make the floors miraculously clean... use it on your pc to magically take the dust away.

Obviously haven't heard of a girlfriend then...... ;)

haha yeah cheers for that, i thought thats what mat meant but i thought it sounded a bit odd, but ill try it just now (Y)

Vacuum cleaner... hoover... that thing you use to put over your penis to get off... the thing your mum uses to make the floors miraculously clean... use it on your pc to magically take the dust away.

And replace said dust with static discharge from the end of the hoover. Nice plan.

Please don't use the hoover in your pc unless you either don't care about it or know vaguely what your doing.

I was always under the impression vacuuming a PC was fine if it was still pluegged into the wall, as the earth would carry away static before any damage could be done?

If that were the case an anti-static wristband wouldn't be recommended whilst working inside the machine. And thats just for your hands... they don't build up static charges constantly. To give you an idea of the difference, you can do the hair raising balloon trick by charging the balloon on a hoover nozzle ;)

If that were the case an anti-static wristband wouldn't be recommended whilst working inside the machine. And thats just for your hands... they don't build up static charges constantly. To give you an idea of the difference, you can do the hair raising balloon trick by charging the balloon on a hoover nozzle ;)

Yeah, I've seen that done, but it's never stopped me and my computer is fine...

Maybe I'll just use my rocket blower in future.