Problem With My Pc

harmertrials

When I switch on my computer it goes through the normal starting process until a black screen comes up reading:

"oot from CD:

TLDR is missing

ress Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart"

Obviously the text is slightly offset on the screen so there is a letter missing on each, my problem is what comes before "TLDR"...

When I press Ctrl + Alt + Del it restarts it and goes through the same process again. Is there anyway that I can fix this from the boot menu or something?

Thanks guys.

NTLDR I think it is.

NTLRD isnt booting...

Try that. Take a floppy disk out if theres one in aswell.

Thanks mate. I've actually had this problem a few years ago and all it took last time was a bit of messing around on either the bios setup or the boot menu... But I can't remember which :/

But I'm trying to avoid having to ring up a call centre at extortionatte costs for an hour haha.

help?

Assuming it is the ntldr missing then in my experience its windows not knowing where to find the OS, usually caused by the boot sequence changing - particularly if you have multiple hard disks installed. Reset the boot sequence and it should be fine, if not its possible the disk has been corrupted and it needs recovering - not sure exactly as I usually just format and reinstall windows from fresh :)

When I switch on my computer it goes through the normal starting process until a black screen comes up reading:

"oot from CD:

TLDR is missing

ress Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart"

Obviously the text is slightly offset on the screen so there is a letter missing on each, my problem is what comes before "TLDR"...

When I press Ctrl + Alt + Del it restarts it and goes through the same process again. Is there anyway that I can fix this from the boot menu or something?

Thanks guys.

Is it turned on at the plug?

Well yeah.