20", 24" Or 26"

its mark

I was considering buying an onza zoot which I assume you all know is a 24", I thought that it being a 24", it would be a good idea to start on (because its kind of in the middle: size wise)

However after talking to people, I’m now not sure, and am a bit confused now :S

Which is the easiest to learn stuff on: 20, 24 or 26?

Any info on any bikes would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Mark! :D

What do you wanna learn?? Basic trials is easiest to learn on a 20". Things like hopping on the rear wheel, sidehops etc.

If you want to do more spinny stuff like hops manuals endos etc then go for a 24". 24" aren't quite as easy to keep on the rear wheel and the geo isnt perfect for trials specific moves........

Hey,

If you know any riders ask them if you can have a go and get a feel for the bike.

Everybody has a different opinion on what feels the best/is best for learning on.

For example i started on a 26" and i had a go on my freinds 20" and to me it felt so much better.

cheers, :D thats a good point of getting a shot on different ones, but a dont really know anyony that does trials around where a live ! kinda sucks !

am gonna try to have a shot on one before buyin !

thanks anyway !

If you don't realy know anyone who rides trials in your area look on the rides section and look for a ride not to far away fron you and post a few comments saying your comming and would like to try out a few bikes and go up their on your bmx or something

Hope tis helps ;)

im just starting out, havnt got a bike. i ride downhill usually but really want to get into trials. Im used to 26inch mtb, so im planning on getting a 26 inch. If anyone knows of one going cheap just for a starter please let me know. when i mean cheap i dont mean a grand bike for 400 i mean under 100 quid :) im a poor student who loves bikes

I think its personal preference what size bike is beat to learn on.

And you'll always get conflicting and contrasting views.

I personally think MOD is best to learn on.

As the frames are more compact so any movement is exaggerated, Thus you can see where you go wrong or right.

That is my opinion, So please don't rip me to shreads

If you don't realy know anyone who rides trials in your area look on the rides section and look for a ride not to far away fron you and post a few comments saying your comming and would like to try out a few bikes and go up their on your bmx or something

Hope tis helps ;)

yeh sounds a good idea.

my onza zoot is for sale in the for sale section ;) hugh heffner is the seller. i started on my giant stp then built up my zoot and its a nice little bike as its not far off a 26 inch with a more streety element. give it a look only 220 quid or give me an offer cheers Jack .

I think it comes down to how your built really, im 5' 8" last time i checked. I started out riding stock and i still am, i had a go on someones Mod and didnt like it at all.

Yeah,

well im nearly 6 foot and i prefer to ride a mod.

It may well have something to do with what bike you used to ride before you decided to get a trials bike.

For example i rode a BMX so that may be why i prefer the mod and my freind rode a mtb and he prefers to ride a 26".

I hope this helps a bit.

Dan

i started with 26" rode it for about 2 years ,and then switched over too 20" and now i'm evolving like crazy !

so i would say the 20 " :)

here you can see what i mean , look at the two ;)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=FB-MqB_edeo <<<< 26"

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=xjpOezvHhCU <<<<< 20"

Sorry but i think you looked better on the 26" . .

I ride a stock atm but am comtenplating getting a 20" as lell for a bit of a change.

Edited by Gogz-

I was considering buying an onza zoot which I assume you all know is a 24", I thought that it being a 24", it would be a good idea to start on (because its kind of in the middle: size wise)

However after talking to people, I’m now not sure, and am a bit confused now :S

Which is the easiest to learn stuff on: 20, 24 or 26?

Any info on any bikes would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Mark! :D

if i was you i would get a 20" but thats just me there easy to chuck around and nice to ride ............. ;p