Its an:

Maggie 06 body

Zoo lever blade

Water bleed

04 cylinders/pistons

braided crossover

plaz crm's

smooth try-all rim

Ok the problem is that i have one lazy piston(bleed bolt side) and the lever feels so crap and slugish,ive seen the topic how to fix a lazy piston but dont have the

gear to do it.Also when i press the lever there is no retraction in the lever so i have to turn my tpa up but then the pads catch on my rim.

Is there anything i can do without giving it to my lbs?

Ryan

Ok guys im gettung realy annoyed with my hs33,

Its an:

Maggie 06 body

Zoo lever blade

Water bleed

04 cylinders/pistons

braided crossover

plaz crm's

smooth try-all rim

Ok the problem is that i have one lazy piston(bleed bolt side) and the lever feels so crap and slugish,ive seen the topic how to fix a lazy piston but dont have the

gear to do it.Also when i press the lever there is no retraction in the lever so i have to turn my tpa up but then the pads catch on my rim.

Is there anything i can do without giving it to my lbs?

Ryan

bleed it, hold one side of the brake so the piston can't extend, apply oil to the (other) lazy piston........repeat and it should have solved your problem

sounds liek the piston is getting jammed in the lever......take the blade and tpa off, and all the hoses and bleed screws, now get a 2mm allen key, poke it in the bleed screw hole until the piston pushes out; clean the piston and inside of the lever body; reassemble and rebleed

bleed it, hold one side of the brake so the piston can't extend, apply oil to the (other) lazy piston........repeat and it should have solved your problem

sounds liek the piston is getting jammed in the lever......take the blade and tpa off, and all the hoses and bleed screws, now get a 2mm allen key, poke it in the bleed screw hole until the piston pushes out; clean the piston and inside of the lever body; reassemble and rebleed

Tried it (N)

ive tried both of them and the problem still comes back :(

surley a thin film of oil, (mineral fluid) will run down the side of the piston up to the seal.. to keep the piston running on lubrication. Water isnt a lubricant therefore wont offer any. I know that some people are die hard water bleeders!! but im sure if the brake system is running with no lubrication it cant be good.

Dave

Just sounds like a bad bleed to me?

Have you taken it all apart, lever piston out, clean it all up inside, apply a small amount of grease on the piston, then give it a fresh water bleed, obviously with the TPA wound out.

If the cylinder pistons don't move out as soon as you even slightly pull the lever, then there's still air in the system.

Just sounds like a bad bleed to me?

Have you taken it all apart, lever piston out, clean it all up inside, apply a small amount of grease on the piston, then give it a fresh water bleed, obviously with the TPA wound out.

If the cylinder pistons don't move out as soon as you even slightly pull the lever, then there's still air in the system.

Ive taken out the pistons and cleaned them but not greased then(will try it) and ive bled it afew times and they are all good bleeds.

what i did to get rid of my lazy slave was, pullled the pistons out with some pliers and greased them up and then kept pulling the brake in and out so it lubricated the inside up, and then gave it a nice fresh re bleed with water. try it worked for me

Pulling the pistons out with pliers isn't really the best idea...

If the lazy piston is the one furthest from the lever there may be nothing you can do to sort it out. The easiest thing to do is accept that piston is slower and set the brake up so the piston nearest the lever has its pad near the rim, while the lazy one is set further away from the rim, forcing it to move further to reach the rim, giving it a higher spring tension to make it retract after you let go of the lever. It's what I did with my brake and it's behaved perfectly since.