Newbie Frame Help Please

faith

hi guys im just geting into trials properley for the first time iv riden loads of mates 26" bikes but just about to take the plung for my own build

i already have a few little bits for the collection but now need a good starting base im used to riding street bmx and im pretty small(about 5'8") so need a very nimble flickable frame

so far i have my eye on the dob mag frame of whitch i really love the look of

http://www.trials-uk.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=15 but is only a 116mm rear

also the echo pure http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=14

have any of u guys had a good /bad experiances with these frames or recomend anything els around that price tag (or less :P)

thanks in advance.

hmm looks like the dob is off the list then i saw a curtis street/trials ride on here sumwhare that i fell in love with but i can nowhare near afford that kind of spec lol i have about a month untill i get the frame so maby somthing will pop up at the time.

on another note whats up with trials uk? is it because this site advetises tarty or do thay actualy have a problem?

hmm looks like the dob is off the list then i saw a curtis street/trials ride on here sumwhare that i fell in love with but i can nowhare near afford that kind of spec lol i have about a month untill i get the frame so maby somthing will pop up at the time.

on another note whats up with trials uk? is it because this site advetises tarty or do thay actualy have a problem?

I've got a leeson frame going cheap :-

On the T-UK note, Dan seems to have made a hash of almost everyone's orders lately, some people receiving the wrong things or just plain not recieving anything at all.

As everyone else has said, stay away from the dob and you'll be fine.

Buy a £300 frame once, rather than a £150 27 times.

I was going to buy the DOB frame but was put off from it because of it snapping

now i have decided to get Gu

rode a gu a week or so ago was real nice if i could aford then i probably would just seemed a lil long for me

I've got a leeson frame going cheap :-

On the T-UK note, Dan seems to have made a hash of almost everyone's orders lately, some people receiving the wrong things or just plain not recieving anything at all.

As everyone else has said, stay away from the dob and you'll be fine.

Buy a £300 frame once, rather than a £150 27 times.

just had a look at the leeson and its lovley bar the slight dings am i right in thinking that its a disc only setup?

Edited by faith

I wanted a Dob, lovely looking frames, but the weakness put me off as im not a very light rider, and the fact that they flex a lot. I've got an echo, and there solid frames, i've never heard of any echo snapping, but dob on the other hand, ive never heard of one lasting over 4 months. :lol:

Kiwi.

The geometry of those two frames is completely different, the dob has a 1060 WB and a 70.5 head angle, and the short Echo has a 1080 WB and a 72 degree head angle, they will ride completely differently.

You should choose what geometry you want then start looking at what frame to get!