Freewheels. Which Should I Get

pudding

Hey

Whats the best freewheel. Because Im going double disk and cant afford a a mint disk freehub king etc. And im not really trusting freewheels. Ive heard try alls are good and enos are good aswell. But what does everyone recomend?

Hi there,

Do you have a price range?

Max (Y)

ENO (Y)

It'll only skip if it's fecked, they're awesome little freewheels, fully serviceable by the rider, so if anything goes wrong, you can fix it.

My try-all was pretty good too, but the engagement never really felt as good as an ENO, which never really felt as good as my king :P

Tensiles are very reliable too!

hi

i use try-all freewheels all the time since they first came out and never had any bother with them , i ride comps in all conditions mud , sand rocks etc and the try-all has never let me down give WWW.TARTYBIKES.CO.UK a ring they have them in stock and will give any advice needed , hope this helps.

james s.

Theres a few good freewheels on the market, The main three i would suggest are White industries eno, Tensile or Try-all . Try-all Have 108.9 engagements, This means that it will pick up quicker, But i have seen a few Try-alls, Clunk and Bollocks up. Tensile and eno have 72 Engagement points, But ive never seen anyone have any problems with either the eno or Tensile. Personally id go with the eno even though its more expensive than the tensile and Try-all you can get more spares for them incase they go wrong, So you wont have to fork out for a new Freewheel.

I'd go for a Tensile mate, I got mine for christmas 2 years ago, in that time my mate has had 2 Enos, 2 Try-Alls and a Monty. Enough said!

Just clean all the grease out and run it with WD40 or some other thin lube in there.

ENO (Y)

It'll only skip if it's fecked, they're awesome little freewheels, fully serviceable by the rider, so if anything goes wrong, you can fix it.

My try-all was pretty good too, but the engagement never really felt as good as an ENO, which never really felt as good as my king :P

Tensiles are very reliable too!

Eno +1

Also very easy to service, but if your not me they have a heafty price tag,

eno. there dead easy to service, you may think it's shit you have to tinker with them fairly often but theres something good about the first ride after you've cleaned and re-oiled in cause it sounds a little sharper and its a bit more confidence inspiring. try-alls havent been so great in my experiance you seem to get to much for your money :S if that makes sence. Eno's are worth it in the long run 'cause you only have to replace parts if something breaks instead of the whole unit. which is always good (Y)