Stock Tyres.

Connor Powell

Alright,

Im new to the stock scene and looking at getting a new rear tyre, But i don't know what i should go for? I know theres a few out on the market, I've been looking at getting either a Big Betty, Rubber queen or high roller. Can someone give me the Pro's and con's of these tyres? Are there any other tyres i should take into concideration?

Thanks, Connor

ive tried high roller, but it was a single ply tyre. I ended up with three rips in one day. And the amount of times i had to get the puncture repair kit out was beyond belief. so from my experience , i would stay clear of the high roller. Also would like to mention when i got it, it was advertised as a front tyre but it also said can be used on the back as well.

ive tried high roller, but it was a single ply tyre. I ended up with three rips in one day. And the amount of times i had to get the puncture repair kit out was beyond belief. so from my experience , i would stay clear of the high roller. Also would like to mention when i got it, it was advertised as a front tyre but it also said can be used on the back as well.

If your a smooth rider. Otherwise dual ply is fine at low pressures.

I've never had any issues with Maxxis tyres apart from being a pain to take on and off when they're new. I think allot of people use others now like the ones you mentioned to save weight.

Try-All front, Maxxis Dual Ply Super Tacky in minion f/r or highroller pattern is what I've used for years.

Big Bettys and Rubber queens are lighter due to much thinner sidewalls which means pinches are common if you don't use high pressures.

Look of for the new Continental tyres Ali C and Stan are using.

Hes not a noob to trials only stock http://vimeo.com/1516703

fair enough...i did notice...even so, the change from 20" to 26" is going to feel waaay weirder than the tyres! chances are you'll be a fairly rough b*****d on stock at first so i'd say dual ply (Y)

edit- aha...hi connor..i know you :P

Edited by Bionic Balls