Cad Software.

Dan Thornton

U shouldnt need a CAD software package at home, the school/college should have the software you need. I did graphics gcse and all the work on CAD was done at school.

I do have some CAD software on disc which my uncle gave me and which i havent used.

Its called Total CAD 2D-3D, by focus essential, search it on the net and see if could of any use to you.

Well, if you are going to get CAD software ...you need a really good computer !!

Because most CAD is really powerful and makes your computer like a snail ...

And there is not really and free good ones and it costs a lot to buy ...there is a 30 day free trial at the moment ! :sleeping:

The software is called AutoCAD http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-trial. :P

ohhh and there is an alright 3D one called google sketchup

Edited by Trials D

• 1 year later...

U shouldnt need a CAD software package at home, the school/college should have the software you need. I did graphics gcse and all the work on CAD was done at school.

I agree with this, your teacher should not expect you to go out and buy a CAD package for your course (or download one illegally for that matter). They are generally not cheap, and you would require some tuition to use them (pretty sure your teacher won't be able to teach you every one that available).

If there is nothing available at your school, I would try out Google Sketchup as suggested, it's a good and free way to begin 3d modelling, but first and foremost I'd speak to your teacher to find out what he actually meant by his comments.

I use a program called Delta CAD, only 2D, but it's free, very simple to use and will run on the oldest most useless computers around.

I did all my design training on paper, so I don't like working in 3D. :P

Download the demo, set the date on your computer to a few years in the future, install it, set it back to 2010, and then instead of being limited to 45 days it limits to several years.

Edited by Muel