Hs33 Leaver Snapped !

George.E

Hi

When I tightened my Hs33 leaver to the handlebars the part whare the bolt went through,the two sides off metal had snaped leaving a gap, it oviously has just split from being tight.

Does anyone have any ideas of repairing or where to buy a cheep new leaver ?

On tarty there like £40 :o

George

Super glue , Not te best idea if your looking to fix it you will want Aroldite metal bonding adhesive.

But probaly won,t hold out for long, need lever i,d say i got 1 for 20 pound fitted from local bike shop with 5year no leak garantee.

Hi

When I tightened my Hs33 leaver to the handlebars the part whare the bolt went through,the two sides off metal had snaped leaving a gap, it oviously has just split from being tight.

Does anyone have any ideas of repairing or where to buy a cheep new leaver ?

On tarty there like £40 :o

George

the word whay seems to come to mind :P

Yeah it happened to me before get a good old set of old style hs33 brakes ;)

this is a common fault with the 05 onwards magura hs33s due to a combination of them removing far too much material around the clamp, and users over-tightening the clamp bolts ( vbolts should be tight enough so that the lever will move when a fair amount of pressure is applied , eg in a spill ) The only possible bodge would be to either bolt it to your bars...which isnt practical in any way, and would weaken your bars considerably; or simply tape the lever onto the bars.

good luck