Advice: Where To Buy Cheap Bike-trial Stuff

pacs1969

Hello,

After see my nephew learning trial, i decided to build my own, to do some easy tricks and ride at park with my son and/or nephew when I'm not alone (in this case I would ride my mountain bike)

I'm in bad shape, a bit old for some things, thats why i had buy a cheap 26" frame with seat post, to rest my back between tricks.

Can anybody suggest me online shops where i can find the rest of spares i need?

Basically i will need a rear wheel, all the transmission, integrated ahead, and something more.

Thanks in advance,

Paco

PS: excuse my English, I'm Spanish

Hello,

After see my nephew learning trial, i decided to build my own, to do some easy tricks and ride at park with my son and/or nephew when I'm not alone (in this case I would ride my mountain bike)

I'm in bad shape, a bit old for some things, thats why i had buy a cheap 26" frame with seat post, to rest my back between tricks.

Can anybody suggest me online shops where i can find the rest of spares i need?

Basically i will need a rear wheel, all the transmission, integrated ahead, and something more.

Thanks in advance,

Paco

PS: excuse my English, I'm Spanish

You should try www.tartybikes.co.uk realy good site and relyable and

good luck its good to see more people wanting to do trials.

If you want cheap, your best bet is to buy a complete trials bike. It took me a year to build a "cheap" bike but when i added everything up from the grips to the chain it came to £1100!

I think it would be possible but your bike will be heavy, not too good looking and may need regular attention as cheap things fail (if your a hardcore trial rider).

Hello,

Thanks to all for the advices.

I see few trial stuff at ebay, maybe at UK ebay, but shipping a bike from UK to Spain is expensive! For example, i see a cheap mad phase but the shipment almost twice the price.

Here in Spain is easy to find a 20" used bike, i founded one for my nephew, cheap and in very good condition. But 26" used bikes are top end ones and cost more than 900.

I'm not a hardcore rider and I'm sure i will never be one, I'm too old for that! thats why i prefer to look for second hand or cheap stuff.

I know my bike never looks good, but who knows? maybe i would engaged by trial and always we can upgrade his bike...

regards,

Paco

Edited by pacs1969

Hello,

Thanks to all for the advices.

I see few trial stuff at ebay, maybe at UK ebay, but shipping a bike from UK to Spain is expensive! For example, i see a cheap mad phase but the shipment almost twice the price.

Here in Spain is easy to find a 20" used bike, i founded one for my nephew, cheap and in very good condition. But 26" used bikes are top end ones and cost more than 900.

I'm not a hardcore rider and I'm sure i will never be one, I'm too old for that! thats why i prefer to look for second hand or cheap stuff.

I know my bike never looks good, but who knows? maybe i would engaged by trial and always we can upgrade his bike...

regards,

Paco

Mate, i don't know what its like in your area in spain but in england there is loads of places you can pick up a complete reasonably priced bike for trials. If your in no hurry to jump into trials and would like to practice a few tricks and see how it feels get yourself a cheap 26" bike from the local newspaper, market, or a second hand bike shop... failing that ask around your friends see if they have one they don't use anymore. Once you get one (if you get one) make cheap changes like, removing/lowering the seat.... drilling the rims, changing any suspension to rigid forks and your most the way there. After that you could either upgrade that one or save for a new bike/build if your enjoying the trials scene or if not... sell it again in the newspaper/market/shop or to friends.

Hope you get something sorted

Keep us posted if you do i would like to see what you got! ;)

Peace