Snail Cam Problem.

G-baby158

If you look on the tary site it says the bolts are bigger.

Seems you have a problem, unless you have some smaller bolts?

Description

- High quality snail cams from the original BikeTrials brand Monty.

- Designed to fit all modern mod bikes with 10mm axles.

- CNC Machined from top quality plate aluminium alloy, then anodised red with a stamped Monty logo.

- Allows easy set-up up chain tension by simply turning the tensioner: the cam system gradually pushes your rear wheel backwards until the desired chain tension has been gained.

- 23 shallow teeth around the outer edge ensure that they stay exactly where you put them!

- Much lighter and less easy to damage than standard chain tugs.

- Includes two small bolts to fit into your frame which allow these chain tensioners to be used. Please note that these bolts are M6 size, and most frames use an M5 snail cam bolt thread. Please contact us if you are unsure how to fit the snail cam bolts.

- Weight: Only 11g per pair including bolts.

Edited by davey1991

^^ Absolutely.

But just to save the pennies...

Does anyone in your family have an old bike with a bottle rack, or a pump mount, or anything like that?

The bolts that hold them on the frame are more often than not M5 - the same size you need for your cams - and are usually about the right length.

They work perfectly - I ran them like that for about a year.

^^ Absolutely.

But just to save the pennies...

Does anyone in your family have an old bike with a bottle rack, or a pump mount, or anything like that?

The bolts that hold them on the frame are more often than not M5 - the same size you need for your cams - and are usually about the right length.

They work perfectly - I ran them like that for about a year.

Tried them and they wer to big, i'm just going to bring 2 of my spare maggie bolts to school tomorro and cut them down then.