Brakes

onza boy27

Front or back brake?

Your best bet for the spec of the bike is a Magura Hs33. They are hydraulic brakes which hold alot better than vee brakes. They're great brakes on the front or the back!

You can find these brake at www.tartybikes.co.uk . And I think off the top of my head they're about £65 pound, but they're defintely worth it.

They are hydraulic brakes which hold alot better than (cheap nasty standard on cheap bikes)vee brakes.

if people are willing to pay out vee brakes they are very very good ,i much prefer vee's too magura because of the sheer hold they have (as mentioned by ali),plus there are a number of other positive qualities with vee's.

steve

Front or back brake?

Your best bet for the spec of the bike is a Magura Hs33. They are hydraulic brakes which hold alot better than vee brakes. They're great brakes on the front or the back!

You can find these brake at www.tartybikes.co.uk . And I think off the top of my head they're about £65 pound, but they're defintely worth it.

its the back brake

It's not a debate out of which one is better he only asked what vee to get.

Yes both maggie and vee have good and bad points, in my opinion it all comes down to rider preference.

And as it is only a bird then he might as-well stay with a vee, unless they come with 4-bolt mounts?

What part of the vee did you brake?

Then have a look on tartybikes and see what you like.

Also as i'm guessing this guy is a beginner? then he wont need top notch parts.