Do You Prefer Riding On Ur Own?

Chandler

Ride alone or in a group  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Lone Koxx
    • Onza orgy

I like the objectivity of riding alone. Having no rush, no hassle, not worrying about someone else waiting because your in the way of their run up etc. Its slower paced, more controlled and usually just used as a bit of a release from everyday life. I get to go out and watch other people as they wander round town half drunk and just generally get to do what i want without anybody objecting. If i'm going to ride on my own its usually late at night around smaller spots just so i can unwind a bit from everything.

Riding in small groups is definitely the best though. Having a laugh with mates, trying silly stuff and just acting like a bit of a loon bring a kind of release in a different way. It's like I have an excuse to act like a bit of an idiot because the people around generally don't mind and are doing the same themselves. I get pushed more as i will most often try something quite bizarre to try and keep up with everyone else as they go bigger/further than me. Obscurity and imagination are my only strengths as of late and i enjoy the reactions as people notice what's just been tried.

To be honest I've been missing riding a fair amount lately, and not the group riding of modern day trials. Instead, i've found myself missing the casual trips out into the forest with a couple of friends with a couple of beers and some food on the other bikes. Just casually cruising round for a while down the hills and over the trails, even if its just tweaking off something like a large tree root. The idle talk while we consume lunch and then off for some mad speed races down to the bottom of the biggest, most winding hill we can find. I miss getting to the bottom and being greeted with having the wave of calm creep over you as you slowly make your way back to the car laughing and discussing about how you nearly had your front wheel slide out as you hit a rock at a stupid angle or how you didn't notice a gap till the last minute but still cleared it anyway.

Hopefully this year will be as good.