Do You Prefer Riding On Ur Own?

Chandler

Ride alone or in a group  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Lone Koxx
    • Onza orgy

Ok, no more voting for both. Well, at least I got my votes in :shifty:

I prefer riding with a couple of mates who properly encourage you to improve. A bit like when I rode with Tom and Dave at the tail end of the nottingham ride.

I prefer riding in a little group aswell, But dont like riding with Tobiarse because he gives a bad impression riding in town. :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

I have had great rides on my own, getting lines dialled, sunny day, peaceful.....loveley!

However, being in a group of friends at a great place with great weather is one of lifes pleasures.

words

riding on my own is good for training and practicing

group rides is just for the fun and it's the main thing when you ride your bike

I do practise on my own but only in the garden or near my house, i feel a bit silly on my own getting hackies from people near by especially if i am smashing a wall accidentally.

Group rides i prefer as i get pushed more and its good to have people to talk to when riding, and its good to learn from others to improve your moves and style. :)

Adam (Y)

I like both

I like riding by myself if im pissed off or stressed out, because I can just listen to tunes and blank everything else out. More with other people though, you tend to get pushed more to try new things, and can ride for longer because its more sociable and fun.

i do enjoy a lush day down the far end of the beach where nobody is to be seen for miles, with my ipod docks and just squeaking away all over the rocks... but in winter i just get bored and cold, and unless its somewhere newish to ride i end up just sitting there doing nothing listening to my tunes lol i'd prefer to ride with just one or two mates and then have big rides like once a week..

I like learning the basics of the stuff I want to get a grip on my own, so I don't look as much of a dick when I get it wrong. Then, to try and improve it, I'll go out on a group ride, and with the help of the others get much better.

Just bear in mind though, I can only JUST about do a decent endo at the moment...

i always need company. its the way i am... i hate riding on my own so if no one goes out then i don't bother neither. probably why im so f**king shit!

steve

I'm the same! haha. Haven't ridden properly in ages now, I need to catch up again!

if i ride on my own i find i go flat out for a short period of time, tryin big stuff and complicated things, then i get tired and just do fun stuff from then on

i normally ride with a mate who is currently progressin faster then me, which i'm findin frustrating as well as inspiring!! ah well

but yeah most times i'm out with a mate or two, good fun and works well, there is a good balance of banter and bails and ..........and something else beginning with b

there is a good balance of banter and bails and ..........and something else beginning with b

Bandicoots?

To get back on topic - on solo spins I do a lot of repetitive stuff trying to improve technique, while with groups I try to match/improve on other people's lines, so solo rides get my technique better and are of high intensity, while group ones improve my ability to see lines in the first place.