Odd Request

beigemaster

A while ago I bought a Halfords Bikehut light set, the one that you charge rather than buy new batteries for about £30. Unfortunately, my bike was stolen and although I still have the light, the tw*t obviously made off with the bracket that holds the light on (the quick release one, similar to this one )

Rather than pay another £30 to get a whole new light set, I went down to Halfords to see if they had a spare one. The chap looked through a big box of odds and sods but with no luck and suggested I should try another Halfords. If anyone here works for Halfords and could get hold of a spare bracket for me, then I would be willing to pay up and be very grateful. Any offers?

Mods, if this is more of a For Sale/Wanted thread please feel free to move it. I just thought since it was quite an odd request I would it put it here. Cheers.

Thanks for all the comments boys, Fixed Pants- no need to bother fannying around with ordering them in and all that jazz. If someone can just find one lying in a box then it just keeps it easier but I appreciate the offer. Since a fair few people think they will find one I'll just go with who finds one first then arrange post and payment ect. Thanks everyone for making the loss of a bike that little bit easier to deal with! (Y)

Hey all, Pashley26 didn't manage to get hold of one so if anyone else who offered is able to then let me know and I would be very grateful. Cheers

I thought he 'had thousands' and 'checked today' and 'could have had it in the post already'?

How odd.

I thought he 'had thousands' and 'checked today' and 'could have had it in the post already'?

How odd.

Get f**ked.

I tried didn't I ? I tried bloody hard in-fact and spent a good few hours going through the brackets box looking for the right one after saying I had one, turns out the ones I thought fitted the light he had were slightly different to all the other Halfords brackets we have which are the same as Topeak ones, they just don't fit the rechargeable lights. Thats more than you did to help the guy out so wind your neck in.

I even went to Halfords with a couple of brackets to try them on a light there on my day off ! (I was going there anyway but it's the thought that counts)

Edited by Pashley26

That looks like a universal light mount to me (well the actual clamp is quick release but why would you want that?)

And why has no Halfords worker on here tried the usual Halfords technique, thats very disappointing.

I may have a few kicking around at my work (screw clamp instead), I'm not in 'til Sunday, but if I can source a couple I'll drop them in a jiffy bag if your prepared to pay the postage.

(If you haven't found any by then).

That looks like a universal light mount to me (well the actual clamp is quick release but why would you want that?)

Thats the problem I had, they seem to be a bit thinner than a standard cateye/topeak/basta/sigma/cheapo brand light bracket.

It didn't help that I only had a Halfords cheap nasty light to try the brackets with. The rechargeable ones are more like a computer fitting as apposed to a light fitting.

Get f**ked.

I tried didn't I ? I tried bloody hard in-fact and spent a good few hours going through the brackets box looking for the right one after saying I had one, turns out the ones I thought fitted the light he had were slightly different to all the other Halfords brackets we have which are the same as Topeak ones, they just don't fit the rechargeable lights. Thats more than you did to help the guy out so wind your neck in.

I even went to Halfords with a couple of brackets to try them on a light there on my day off ! (I was going there anyway but it's the thought that counts)

Pashley- many thanks for trying. Wood- there is no need to make this a bitch thread. If anyone has any luck then that would be awesome, as I said before, I will pay up a bit more than just the postage as a sign of thanks.

I had a look earlier but all the ones I'd seen in our draw turned out to be the ex-display ones that had had there brackets glued to them to stop people nicking them. I'll have a better look around the various collections of otherwise useless crap we have kicking around tomorrow (well, today now I guess) and let you know if I find something.