Chris King

ive just got king wheel a few days ago and ive noticed a slight click when i put pressure on the cranks about the same place on every turn, its hard to describe its like a slight joult ....

does anyone have any idea what the problem could be ? it hasnt been serviced in a while so this could be why but im unsure whether to ride it before i get tartys to service it or not??

cheers tom x :turned:

ive just got king wheel a few days ago and ive noticed a slight click when i put pressure on the cranks about the same place on every turn, its hard to describe its like a slight joult ....

does anyone have any idea what the problem could be ? it hasnt been serviced in a while so this could be why but im unsure whether to ride it before i get tartys to service it or not??

cheers tom x :turned:

I think its skipping. The normal(default) lube Chris King use is very rather thick. If you know what you are doing, Have it apart and clean all of it out. Then use a really thin or thinner lube. Dont run it dry, I have heard of lots of problems running dry. :)

x

I think its skipping. The normal(default) lube Chris King use is very rather thick. If you know what you are doing, Have it apart and clean all of it out. Then use a really thin or thinner lube. Dont run it dry, I have heard of lots of problems running dry. :)

x

yeah nice one ill probaly get it serviced from tartybikes because i wouldnt know where to start.... (Y)

yeah i would get it serviced straight away, mine did this on the odd occasion then it just got worse untill i couldnt ride it, so i took it apart got rid of all the old thick shit grease and dried it then put some wd in there and it worked a treat also sounded liek the spring had been stretched aswell which was am bonus!

its pretty simple to do mate, just get a 2.5mm allenket i think it is and undo the silve bit on the side then clean it out liek you have never cleaned before. theres a few videos on the internet on how to do it.

but if you dont trust yourself then give it a send to tarty (Y)

hope you get it sorted mate.

its pretty simple to do mate, just get a 2.5mm 3/32" allenkey i think it is and undo the silver bit on the side then clean it out liek you have never cleaned before.

Is it new? If it is, bed it in properly and clean it. If it's second hand, send it off to tarty - they'll tell you the score and sort it out for you (Y)

yeah i would get it serviced straight away, mine did this on the odd occasion then it just got worse untill i couldnt ride it, so i took it apart got rid of all the old thick shit grease and dried it then put some wd in there and it worked a treat also sounded liek the spring had been stretched aswell which was am bonus!

its pretty simple to do mate, just get a 2.5mm allenket i think it is and undo the silve bit on the side then clean it out liek you have never cleaned before. theres a few videos on the internet on how to do it.

but if you dont trust yourself then give it a send to tarty (Y)

hope you get it sorted mate.

yeah chears mate .......im going to send it to tartys some time this next week...... (Y)

Is it new? If it is, bed it in properly and clean it. If it's second hand, send it off to tarty - they'll tell you the score and sort it out for you (Y)

its second hand so its probaly best for the pro's at tartys to sort it out good and proper.....

Some need 2.5mm ;)

My kings had a stretched spring in it for ages now (like 6 times bigger than a normal one) and is running dry (hasnt been cleaned out in about 7 months either) and never skips :S Don't know what everyone does wrong....

WD40 is f**king shit.

It's a water disperser so it just dies out any lubricant that is in there, GT85 ***&JAM

Thanks for the comments, if i was too service the hub myself has anyone got any advice? also to do it would i need a hub tool?? ,ive searched for advice vids on youtube but they aint very clear the only decent vid has a hub tool used in it but im not sure how to go about it?

if you could help it would be Great ...cheers x

:D

WD40 is f**king shit.

It's a water disperser so it just dies out any lubricant that is in there, GT85 ***&JAM

Well mine is working perfectly fine now, before it wouldnt let me ride down the road without it skipping almost a whle turn.

now it doesnt let me down at all! hasnt skipped once since i did this so :P ha.

if you wont to do it yourself, undo all the bolts and take it apart remember the bit on the side screws and doent just pull out.

so take it all apart, then what i have done is cain loads of wd40 in there then clean it all out with a rag which dried it out and got rid of all shit, did this a few times, then put a tad of wd40 on non drive side of the axle and bearings. and left the driveside alone. put it back together and it worked a treat! has be fine for a month now. also its louder which is a bonus...

Edited by Ashley-Wood