Derby

Howdy

As topic says im trying to find out where the good riding spots are in Derby & if there are many local riders?

Moved here Saturday and should be around for about 6 months before moving back to Birmingham. I mainly ride street and have an Ashton 24 but am getting back into comps this year so up for natural riding too.

Give me a shout if your local, i'll be riding about 3 or 4 times a week

Yain

Howdy

As topic says im trying to find out where the good riding spots are in Derby & if there are many local riders?

Moved here Saturday and should be around for about 6 months before moving back to Birmingham. I mainly ride street and have an Ashton 24 but am getting back into comps this year so up for natural riding too.

Give me a shout if your local, i'll be riding about 3 or 4 times a week

Yain

matlock quarry is down the road from derby (follow the a6 to matlock)there isnt much to ride in derby the court and the museum.

matlock quarry is down the road from derby (follow the a6 to matlock)there isnt much to ride in derby the court and the museum.

If you are planning on travelling to matlock on a weekend with good weather I wouldnt go on the A6, follow the A38 north towards the M1, turn off at alfreton onto the A615 and follow the road through tansley and onto matlock - this will avoid most of the biker traffic going to matlock bath (which is south of matlock on the A6). Alternatively catch the train to matlock and the quarry is about 10 minutes ride :)

I was in matlock yesterday, where abouts is the quarry? is it towards matlock bath, on the right, if coming from matlock way?

Coming from sainsbury carpark in matlock: -

Turn immediately left after the petrol station up a new looking road that bends up the hill to the left, cant remember what its called 'something spa road' I think - its not on google maps.

About 1/4 mile up the hill you will see a layby on the left hand side with some square rocks with a path leading beyond them (if its been raining it may well be flooded).

Park up in the layby and go along the path, you will go up a hill towards the left and if you cant find some rocks to ride you need buggering with a rusty shovel!!!

Yain how come you've moved? Your flat was so nice, seems abit daft moving up the road and then back in 6 months. Have you gone through all the women there and need a change? :lol:

You know me well Mannings, ha ha. Not this time, I've actually moved in with my girlfriend for a while to save money. Yea the flat was nice but it was costing me a fortune! Erica's tenant couldnt pay the rent so she moved back to Derby into her house. She will probably let it out again in about 6 months and I then plan to move back to Moseley.

Hope things are good with you dude