Dryin Bitumen

Bitumen comes as a solid block then is melted if i'm not mistaken.

Its also used on roads and is terriable for tarring rims, you want some roofing tar.

correct,but i think that the other guy has the liquified version which if memory serves me rightly can not be made into solid form.

go get you self a block of roofing tar pal cut it or melt it and mold it into a handy shape if that suites you

ok thats really annoying i just wasted a quid where would u recomend getting a block of tar from?

Ohh my God, not a pound. I popped out to go put my t-poo into my garage last night and found my dog had nicked my bottle of lucerzade (which cost me 1.15:O)

On topic now, I have some because my grandads next door nabour is a roofer. Plus I found an f-ing huge chunk the other day at a riding spot.

Hearts still beating and im still breathing, so I guess im still alive. :-

Unfortunately.

And tar is made from bitumen and other products. Learnt about it last week in science :P

Just get some nice rubbery type tar. Works the best in my opinion.

Unfortunately.

And tar is made from bitumen and other products. Learnt about it last week in science :P

My nextdoor neighbour works for the council ( roadworks ) and i can get my hands on as many blocks as i want :D we are talking about 20 inch x 20inch blocks here

If you were really arsed you could try boiling off the volitiles?

What you'd be left with, I've no idea. And don't sue me when your mum gets pissed at you for using her best pan. And don't sue me when you get poisoned by the gasses.

If you were really arsed you could try boiling off the volitiles?

What you'd be left with, I've no idea. And don't sue me when your mum gets pissed at you for using her best pan. And don't sue me when you get poisoned by the gasses.

Probably some kind of carsonogenic horriable rubbish, seeing as Bitumen is made out of oil?

And the fumes would turn everything they touch black.

my next door neighbour (Farmer Bryan) Gave me a tin of tar which i think your supposed to paint onto stuff and then use it as like a glue when laying floors / roofs. It's in like a big tin and is pretty runny and you have to smudge it onto the rims. It gets annoying after a while because it makes your fingers proper sticky. I think i must have the same sort of stuff youve got mate. What about sticking it in a freezer?

Unfortunately.

you can say that, you have a chunk the size of my hand XD