Magura Problems Round 2!

trialschallenger

As said helicoil :), but as for a tempory bodge - one of the bolts stripped on my mates bike, so he went and got a cable tye and then he fastened it around the mount where it was loose it worked quite well for the day :) Remember my mates was only one bolt that had stripped.

Adam (Y)

Trialschallenger how did you do that? Looks interesting... Just drilled right through the frame and then threaded?

To the OP, one solution is to drill your stripped threads to one size bigger, so if they are M5 now (most Magura mounts are, I think), get them drilled and threaded to M6. I did that on my frame and it works great! Cost me around £12 at a bicycle repair shop :) downside is that you have to enlarge every hole that the screw goes through before reaching the threads, like spacers, bolt clamp holes etc...

Tartybike's do a helicoil service now. Send your frame to them, and get them to do it, you know it'll get done well!

I got my frame done at a local engineers, cost me £20 and he gave me new botls and booster spacers too!