Bent Disks?

Unless you've bent the edge of the rotor by about an inch it should be fine, steel doesn't tend to weaken all that much when it gets bent.

Just straighten it out and use it, I've never bent a rotor and replaced it yet. If it does snap, it'll just brake one of the arms off, it won't snap the entire braking surface off.

Unless you've bent the edge of the rotor by about an inch it should be fine, steel doesn't tend to weaken all that much when it gets bent.

Just straighten it out and use it, I've never bent a rotor and replaced it yet. If it does snap, it'll just brake one of the arms off, it won't snap the entire braking surface off.

ok thanks, just spent some time with a spanner today and got it kinda straight, well it doesent rub much now, so im happy!

nice one!

dean.

I hope the spanner wasn't dirty/greasey at all, otherwise you'd have contaminated the rotor!

Rotors are steel, so they can take some abuse! Shouldn't weaken it by much, if at all, by bending it and bending it back slightly.

Rotors are designed to be able to bend back, so it shouldn't noticably weaken it. If you take it off and put it in the oven, it should straighten it out, but that only works sometimes so no guarantees.

This is what i was told, though i just brought a new rotor.