Recomendations For A Starter Bike

Jakerz

Hey Jake here,

Was looking for some guidence on getting a bike and what to get! I currently ride a 26" mountian bike, so friends have recommended a 26" or a 20".

I have about £300 to spend, once i've sold some stuff.

So just looking for some help on what to buy as a complete novice.

Cheers Jakerz

Hey mate.

I would start with something cheaper, You are probably going to end up scratching it and denting it so best not to spend too much.

I have been a mountain bike rider/racer for a long time and i would recommend a stock (26").

tartybikes.co.uk have some great bikes.

tarty bikes here is a link to a fairly nice beginners bike.

Good luck mate.

Trial bikes are expensive and with £00 you won't get every far unless you get a second hand bike, T-Pro/T-Birds are mod good starter bikes and are not expensive if you buy second hand.

If you get validated have a look in "For Sale" and try find a cheap starter, goodluck (Y)

i have a mission prodigy, with highdolic front and rear brakes, maxxis tyres, just had a new chain. trials isnt my thing so the bike has to go, let me know mate.

No buying or selling is allowed is the new members chat section. You wont get validated either if you try to buy or sell here.

hi, i have a sort of simlar question/problem. having had a drunken mess about on someones bike i have re discoverd trials after a 6-7 year break and was looking for some genral help on parts and bikes etc as things have changed so much in that time so feel sort of out of touch

Hey Jake here,

Was looking for some guidence on getting a bike and what to get! I currently ride a 26" mountian bike, so friends have recommended a 26" or a 20".

Cheers Jakerz

personaly mate i would gt something nice cheap and a good spec like a onza t-pro

Hey jake here,

Cheers for the feedback guys! Expesially "siyross" Im still pretty undecided between a mod or Stock but theres still plenty of time.

I really like the look of either an Onza T-bird or T-pro both look like awsome starter bikes, with that or a koxx Acid drop. Any way was just saying a big thankyou for the help.

Just a quick note to say thanks for everyones effort in their replys.

Cheers Jake.

Edited by Jakerz

Go for a mod, there much easier to learn on, there smaller so you can throw them around easier. If you want to buy new go for an onza pro (the new model with dual disc) it's more than you can afford, but you get so much more for your money; a better gearing, a better freewheel and much better brakes. if you bought cheaper, then upgraded later you'd be spending more on parts + instalation etc.

Hey Jake here,

Cheers Jakerz

hi mate, i would get looking on ebay, i found my 1st bike on there, it was an ashton justice 26 inch with a set on magura brakes for 300 pound!

i think thats the best place to get one from!

dean.

I would look on Ebay mate because £300 goes nowhere in geting a decent bike new. Either that or look on the For Sale section on the forum. If your going for 20" I would go for a Zona Zip or some type of onza, if u can do better than this for the money (in decent condition) go for it. But for the love of God make sure it has Magura HS33's because V-brakes are rubbish!

Hope this helps! Rob L :)

Hey Jake here,

Finally decided, Onza T-bird! I think thats the way forward a bit over my price range but what the hell, you only live once.

Well cheers for all the input from all you riders and fellow friends. Goodluck (Y) and stay safe

Cheers Jake