Cracked My Magura Leaver...

neonneon

Hey guys,

I've recently split my Magura crossover, so I decided to get a full braided hose as I'm sick of replacing hoses.

After spending £40ish on hoses I found that my magura leaver bleed bolt wouldn't tighten.

I couldn't quite work it out, so I tried to bodge it with some glue, that led me to find that the fluid was pissing out of the leaver shell. Apparently it's quite a common place for it to crack?

So, i'm either looking for someone to tell me a way to fix it.

Or, reccomend me what leaver to get

'04 style?

New magura style?

Or the echo TR? (not that i'm amazingly fond of deng)

Hey guys,

I've recently split my Magura crossover, so I decided to get a full braided hose as I'm sick of replacing hoses.

After spending £40ish on hoses I found that my magura leaver bleed bolt wouldn't tighten.

I couldn't quite work it out, so I tried to bodge it with some glue, that led me to find that the fluid was pissing out of the leaver shell. Apparently it's quite a common place for it to crack?

So, i'm either looking for someone to tell me a way to fix it.

Or, reccomend me what leaver to get

'04 style?

New magura style?

Or the echo TR? (not that i'm amazingly fond of deng)

New leaver and body ?

I liked the 04, they seem alot more hard wearing than the 05's and the TPA's are easier to bodge :rolleyes:

But if you want new then just stick with 05's....thats what im running at the moment and I've had no problems (yet)

The thing, I have a Echo '08 Leaver blade (which is lovely)

and I would like to use that really. But i've heard loads of good things with the '04's

Thanks for the advice guys.

Well just stick with an 05.....only don't tighten the clamp too much (they snap)

Well just stick with an 05.....only don't tighten the clamp too much (they snap)

yes dont overtighten as I cracked mine too. Wouldnt say it was oooooverly tight, but when i had a fall and the handlebars smacked the concrete, i think the vibrating caused the clamp on the lever to crack. Under warranty though, just waiting for it to come back..

Replaced with an echo tr and can say they do slow leak, but nothing a small topup in the bleed hole cant fix every couple of rides

I always put a longer bolt in the handlebar clamp, they only go in about 4mm with the standard one, so if you put on in that uses up all the threads it has about 7-8mm of threads to screw into, so it's far less likely to crack.

I always put a longer bolt in the handlebar clamp, they only go in about 4mm with the standard one, so if you put on in that uses up all the threads it has about 7-8mm of threads to screw into, so it's far less likely to crack.

It's snapped in the bleed bolt, not the bit that clamps it to the bar :P

Edited by neonneon

Strip it down, clean it out, let it dry and attempt to super-glue it? You might get away with superglueing the outside if you file the paint away around the crack so it's got something to stick to.

It's worth a try!

Sorry if i am clogging up this thread but i was out on my bike before trying to improve on my gapping and out of the corner of my eye i saw a silver line on the back of my magura hs33 05. Like between where the brake lever bolts in and the cylinder , piston thing. On closer inspection i found that is is cracked but, I wanted to no if this has happend to anyone eles Magura hs33. I dont even no how is has happend because i no that i havn't banged it on anything could this just be a fault of the lever and also, What brake lever do you recomend i now buy.

Edited by jackm9863