Has Anyone Got A Bodge For Broken Hs33 Lever?

Olly

Got all the new parts on the bike but can't ride properly as I tightened up the rear HS33 lever too tight and a bit cracked and fell off (N)

It's still just about hanging on - No idea how! Certainly isn't giving me much confidence...

I've checked fleabay and nothing about. Has anyone got ideas for bodges to keep it on till something comes up?

Cheers guys,

Olly

Can you fit a longer bolt in there? I assume not or you would have already tried it, but just an idea.

I always replace them straight away, the standard bolt is a good 4mm too short, so if you put a longer one in straight away it should last a lot longer.

I'd try using chemical metal, you could stick it on, then drill and tap it. It might work for a while, from what I've heard it's brilliant stuff, providing you thoroughly sand or shotblast the surface first.

Duck tape

And lots of it

Hmm Duct Tape is a good call! Will help keep it there for a while longer I reckon.

Can you fit a longer bolt in there? I assume not or you would have already tried it, but just an idea.

I always replace them straight away, the standard bolt is a good 4mm too short, so if you put a longer one in straight away it should last a lot longer.

I'd try using chemical metal, you could stick it on, then drill and tap it. It might work for a while, from what I've heard it's brilliant stuff, providing you thoroughly sand or shotblast the surface first.

It's the part that holds the lever to the bars. It splits into 2 parts - One has come off! Liquid metal, B&Q I presume? Worth a shot (Y)

Cheers guys

This happened to me the other day whilst riding a bit of haworth street , what i did was bought another leaver of my mate and had to bleed the whole brake and what have you , but if you do not have some spare cash hanging around , you could always try some strong tape for example; Duck Tape or Plumbers Tape , thats what my friend did and it lasted for ages infact i think the new owner of the bike may still have it on , And like someone else stated as above you could try a longer bolt other then that i cant help although i have tryed to help you as much as i can.

Rob.

so it it the bracket thats bust? if so your need a new one anyway at some point. how about drilling to 6mm holes near to bar part of brake and put a couple of cable ties through them to act like a new bracket?

This happened to me the other day whilst riding a bit of haworth street , what i did was bought another leaver of my mate and had to bleed the whole brake and what have you , but if you do not have some spare cash hanging around , you could always try some strong tape for example; Duck Tape or Plumbers Tape , thats what my friend did and it lasted for ages infact i think the new owner of the bike may still have it on , And like someone else stated as above you could try a longer bolt other then that i cant help although i have tryed to help you as much as i can.

Rob.

You bled it? Don't you mean I bled it in a bucket of disease ridden river water ? :P

Edited by DannyBaz