What First Trials Bike Should I Get?

hi,

i am new to this forum and i am going to be purchasing a trials bike soon,

i do not want to spend over £450, however i do not want to buy a realy cheap bike that will be not very good.

I have been looking at the onza pro, onza blade, and the yaabaa 499.

Can anybody give me any advice on which of these bikes i should choose and why, and which is best value for money, or even recommend me another bike?

Thanks,

Luke :D

Edited by lukegaigertrials

what biking experiance have you had?

i ride a 26" jump bike, a 125cc motocross bike and a 20" bmx. I ride the bmx every day and every weekend at the skatepark and i can do things like 360's e.t.c

Yesterday i tried doing a little bit of trials on my bmx to see what i can do, and i learned to pedal kick?

Luke

Edited by lukegaigertrials

Hi , i recommend you try maybe a onza tpro or tmag they are good bikes for learning stuff on and with £450 you will be able to buy a decent spec !

Rob.

ok, thanks for the help!

Hey Luke try having a look at

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/wiki/Choosing_a_bike

that may help you mate

thanks, i had a look, and i think i will go for a 20" as that is the same as my bmx and that is wha i ride most :D

Get a t-pro there f**king immense and ride ace only thing is there not the strongest of frames but who cares your not going to be doing massive stuff as a beginner and you'll be able to get a really good spec one at £450.

Get a t-pro there f**king immense and ride ace only thing is there not the strongest of frames but who cares your not going to be doing massive stuff as a beginner and you'll be able to get a really good spec one at £450.

thanks, i was just wondering if the cable dick brakes on the 09 pro will be powerfull enough?

You really need to decide between mod or stock first. Looking at your bike background, you ride both BMX's and 26" bikes so it's not very clear cut.

If you decide to go down the mod route (20") you should definitely have a good long look at the onzas. They're pretty much the best value bikes compared to the yaabaas.

You really need to decide between mod or stock first. Looking at your bike background, you ride both BMX's and 26" bikes so it's not very clear cut.

If you decide to go down the mod route (20") you should definitely have a good long look at the onzas. They're pretty much the best value bikes compared to the yaabaas.

yeah, i think i will go for a mod. If i buy a new one, i think i have decided i will probbaly go for the 09 onza pro :D

QUOTE (lukegaigertrials @ Apr 14 2009, 12:53 PM)

thanks, i was just wondering if the cable dick brakes on the 09 pro will be powerfull enough?

Im affriad there is no such thing as a cable dick brake :giggle:

there is i thought - a disc brake but not hydraulic, instead its pulled by a cable?