How Are The Onza Cable Disc Brakes?

ChrisShaw

Noticed a few topics recently about which bike people should buy for under £500 (summer must be here!), and there's been a lot of people asking about these brakes, so how are they?

Obviously they aren't going to be as good as hopes and avids, but are they better than the standard v-brakes that come on most budget bikes, how do they compare to maguras?

:)

The reason behind these reviews is that the caliper works differently to most other cable disc brakes. Both pads move at the same time giving it the "Dual Pull" performance. Most other well known cable disc brakes perform on only one pad pushing the rotor against another fixed pad. The levers are standard and can be easily upgraded.

Cheers

The reason behind these reviews is that the caliper works differently to most other cable disc brakes. Both pads move at the same time giving it the "Dual Pull" performance. Most other well known cable disc brakes perform on only one pad pushing the rotor against another fixed pad. The levers are standard and can be easily upgraded.

Cheers

so why don't onza sell them seperatly??? or do they? recon their better than bb7's.

used a 180 onza before and was well impressed...even after buying a 203bb7!

the levers work well!!! just feel really flimsy!

Cheers

If onza were to sell them seporatly, how much roughly do you think you would sell them for?

The front brake on the bird is suprisingly amazing once there bleed in.

:blink:

They obviously sound quite good, they could be improved with the addition of a decent lever such as and avid sd7, shimano xtr or the avid ultimate.

Also a new cable, Oddessy Slic linear was always a fav of mine on cable discs.

Cheers

But why would having 'dual pull' matter when the avid bb7 is considered to be one of the best brakes out there, and that only has one pad moving?

We are hopefully going to with a Carbon Fiber lever. No Idea on the cost but it would be as affordable as most of our products.

if it's around £60-£80 i'll buy one.

My friend has a 180 on the front of his Pro, but had a 160 disc on the back but it was absolutely shocking and he slipped and really hurt his back on it. But the front works brilliantly.

Hope this helped, Elliott.

did he bed it in properly. riding with brake on till it's red hot then pooring water onit.

he might need to run the brake abit tighter just because of the extra cable play running to the bk of the bike!!?!!?!

Noticed a few topics recently about which bike people should buy for under £500 (summer must be here!), and there's been a lot of people asking about these brakes, so how are they?

Obviously they aren't going to be as good as hopes and avids, but are they better than the standard v-brakes that come on most budget bikes, how do they compare to maguras?

i have a bird and for disc they are beastly really amazing and as for the v - brake i have put a brake booster on and a pair of inspired pads and a bit of taar and they work great, the only thing is the brake leavers they are horrific so i bought a avid leaver for the back

Rubbish, i had one of these on my T-Bird and the barings went and it all broke, then i bought a new one exactly the same which broke of the same couse.

Not trying to be negative i just haven't had good experience with them.

You spell like a tard, did you buy the new brake or did you get it on warrenty?

Edited by JackC123

You spell like a tard, did you buy the new brake or did you get it on warrenty?

You act like a dickhead, He spelt like two words wrong? People do make mistakes, Like you have in that 'perfect' sentence of yours that makes no sense. Ffs whats your problem, Give it a rest once in a while.

Sounds like you just had a dodgey one, Maintenence plays a big part in it as well i think, if you keep things well maintained they will last alot longer and perform better (Y)

Edited by Connor Powell

Yeah like everyone else is saying, there pretty amzing, the lever is shocking though lol.

yo dude i sent you a email so please check it out (Y)

i don't know how they compare but the lever on the ones with v brakes sucks so bad.

Haderz

Edited by haderz