Rounded Bolts

hdmackay

get a hacksaw and cut a slot in the middle so you can get a screwdriver in there

or file the sides down so you can get a spanner on them

Because of the shape of the bolts I won't be able to ile them down to use a spanner on them.

The other method sounds like it could work though.

Thanks

Is the bottom clamp threaded? If not cut the bolt between the clamps, it will take some of the clamp but cut the bolt with a hacksaw, shove the mole grips on it and get new bolts in there!

think you hit the nail on the head there,thats the best way to do it without damaging anythng although you may have to cut the mounts a little,next time you wont round them off though!

get the alen key you need to undo the bolts put it inplace then give the top of the alen key a few taps untill you can undo the bolts, then get some new bolts (Y) Ask on the freecycle thread in for sale if anyone has any they can give to you.

Hope this helped Sprog!

get the alen key you need to undo the bolts put it inplace then give the top of the alen key a few taps untill you can undo the bolts, then get some new bolts (Y) Ask on the freecycle thread in for sale if anyone has any they can give to you.

Hope this helped Sprog!

Tap the allen key? :S

Thanks for the help guys

I'd go with drilling the heads of the bolts off. Once they're off, the clamps/etc will come off, and the shock of the drill will loosen the threads off anyway, and then just grip the rest of the bolts with pliers (if needed) and undo them!

The get some new bolts, and copper grease them, and don't do them up so tight! Magura's only need to be as tight as when the gaps between the clamps are closed, then maybe a tiny bit more. Also get could quality bolts and allen keys, make sure the allen key is right the way in the bolt head, and force it down as you undo it! Since I've done that, I haven't ruined any bolts.

Cut a grove in the top of bolt so a flat head screwdriver will fit ?

Haha you should have seen me and Maher the day before the london ride trying to get a rounded bolt out of his axel. In the end did it with an angle grinder, a hacksaw, a chissel 2 people and lots of effort :P but it came out!