Hello New Members!

middleageman

Hello, middleageman here. I'd would firstly like to say hello and welcome to anyone who has joined the forum recently. I myself, only joined in December and have recently bought my first Trials bike and I'm just learning the basics, so I consider myself a 'Newbie'. I've posted a few times on the forum already and learnt a fair bit about 'Trials-Forum etiquette', so I thought maybe I could help you on your voyage of discovery!

Hey, when I first discovered Trials-Forum through sheer chance on a google search, I couldn't believe my luck! I was thirsty for Trials knowledge and here was a whole underground source dedicated to the sport. I rolled up my sleeves and devoured thread after thread, post upon post. I, maybe like yourself, was hungry for answers to feed my inexpirience. So I posted my introduction in 'New Members Chat'. I didn't notice the introduction 'Sticky' at the top of the page either. Nor the 'search' feature in the links at the top (an amazing resource of past threads/topics and posts on practically every Trials question ever asked). Or the 'Wiki' feature, which explains the different types of bikes, riding styles and techniques, cycle manufacturers and retailers, maintenance tips and more.

Also, don't worry if you've received some unhelpful, baffling or curt replies from certain parties, or think you may have mistakenly logged into the 'Anal Retentive Society for the correction of English grammatical errors (A.R.S.E.)' website. If you read the guidelines in the information bar (top of the page), or the sticky at the top of New Members Chat ' Mike's Guide to Validation..' all should become clear. It helps if you can grow a thicker skin than a rhinoceros, at a fancy dress party, dressed as an elephant.

Above all, don't forget, that this is a Trials Forum, a place for discussion. I've found most TF members are more than helpful and friendly, a close community for a growing sport.

Good luck and ride on. :D

middleageman.

Hello, middleageman here. I'd would firstly like to say hello and welcome to anyone who has joined the forum recently. I myself, only joined in December and have recently bought my first Trials bike and I'm just learning the basics, so I consider myself a 'Newbie'. I've posted a few times on the forum already and learnt a fair bit about 'Trials-Forum etiquette', so I thought maybe I could help you on your voyage of discovery!

Hey, when I first discovered Trials-Forum through sheer chance on a google search, I couldn't believe my luck! I was thirsty for Trials knowledge and here was a whole underground source dedicated to the sport. I rolled up my sleeves and devoured thread after thread, post upon post. I, maybe like yourself, was hungry for answers to feed my inexpirience. So I posted my introduction in 'New Members Chat'. I didn't notice the introduction 'Sticky' at the top of the page either. Nor the 'search' feature in the links at the top (an amazing resource of past threads/topics and posts on practically every Trials question ever asked). Or the 'Wiki' feature, which explains the different types of bikes, riding styles and techniques, cycle manufacturers and retailers, maintenance tips and more.

Also, don't worry if you've received some unhelpful, baffling or curt replies from certain parties, or think you may have mistakenly logged into the 'Anal Retentive Society for the correction of English grammatical errors (A.R.S.E.)' website. If you read the guidelines in the information bar (top of the page), or the sticky at the top of New Members Chat ' Mike's Guide to Validation..' all should become clear. It helps if you can grow a thicker skin than a rhinoceros, at a fancy dress party, dressed as an elephant.

Above all, don't forget, that this is a Trials Forum, a place for discussion. I've found most TF members are more than helpful and friendly, a close community for a growing sport.

Good luck and ride on. :D

middleageman.

Um.. <_< WARNING TO ALL NEW MEMBERS, IGNORE ME IF I AM BEING A BELL END.

Im generally a nice guy, but I can be a complete twat on trials forum sometimes. :(

Good thread middleagedman. :)

Instead of continually pointing that out (which makes you even more right, by the way) why not do something about it?

Nice thread MAM (Y)

Because whenever I do, I get complete crap back from others.

Lets face it I haven't a hope in hell for validation again.

You do have a chance, just stop commenting in every topic which is in Nmc. Just do good and helpfull coments in a couple of topics and be nice (Y)

See, when fellow chums like Callum are around, it's fine. But when others just start bitching, thats when I tick. :P.

But yeah, so why isn't Callum validated? He doesnt post shitty post's. Yes he made another account as I have been told, but how come mr leon "cadburys cream egg" didnt get shoved in here?

See, when fellow chums like Callum are around, it's fine. But when others just start bitching, thats when I tick. :P.

But yeah, so why isn't Callum validated? He doesnt post shitty post's. Yes he made another account as I have been told, but how come mr leon "cadburys cream egg" didnt get shoved in here?

Because I was a willy after I got put in Nmc, just like you are being.

Nice thread MAM (Y)

Thanks man. I've read a few 'First post introductions' recently who are treated like fools. A person shows an interest in Trials, develops some passion and hunger, posts an introduction, then gets snapped at by a few yapping terriers that guard the gate of TF. Could New Members not be welcomed down the path and through the door with a handshake and a smile? I'm just sensing a Trials tidal wave after Danny Mac's internet explosion. A lot of people will be buzzin' this forum. If this sport/forum is to develop and progress, it surely needs to widen it's attitude and horizons. Maybe now, the more experienced, knowledgeable and more sociable TF members could help out more and take this to a new level?

Just a thought. :closedeyes:

middleageman.

Maybe now, the more experienced, knowledgeable and more sociable TF members could help out more and take this to a new level?

And put jack back into members, so he doesnt get ajitated and start bullying new members ;)

middleageman.

Good idea. :)

never say that ever again. lol.

but in all seriousness, good thread. i'm usually a dick to noobz but you've helped me to see that they're people, too. :)

Hey Ben, you ain't too bad. When I first posted my introduction to TF on NMC, way back in December, you were the 1st to reply. I thank you for your kind and encouraging remarks, it made a difference. :D

Nice thread, but i can't help get the feeling of nails down a chalkboard when i read it.

Lol, I couldn't agree more, although you're probably not cringing as much as me! I'm amazed at how 'nice' I become in the wee small hours after a couple of bottles of grape juice. :S

Maybe it's time to dig out that 'note to self' about not posting when p*ssed! :-