Hydraulic Disc Or Cable Disc

crazydan_500

would a cable one be ok for getting back into it then later on in time buy a hydro one later on

Instead of getting a cable or a hydro disc, get youself a magura hs33 rim brake instead with some good pads and a good setup & you'll be right then.

(even though i ride dual hydro disc lol)

Edited by Ben H!

Instead of getting a cable or a hydro disc, get youself a magura hs33 rim brake instead with some good pads and a good setup & you'll be right then.

(even though i ride dual hydro disc lol)

lol well the bike im looking into buying comes with a front cable dic bb7 so thats y i was asking dude but cheers for the help. it helped alot mate

From a pure 'stopping power' point of view, are cable disks generally better than good V-brakes? Assuming both are properly set up of course. I always thought cable disks are only really found on cheap stock mountain bikes to try and make them look expensive, but have never really tried them for myself.

Cable disc brakes in my opinion are just as good as hydraulic if you spend abit of time setting. it also depends on your style of riding. I had a avid cable disc brake and i loved it, in fact my mate is still using it and i bought it 4 years ago. The only down side to cable is if your heavy handed then the cable will strecth whereas a hydraulic wont. hope ive been some help.

well i have my veiw on them now but thanks for every onces help i brought my bike today and it has a front cable disc avid bb7 and the power it give of is wicked would say its the best front brake i have ever had lol cheers for all the help outs dudes and dudesses if there was ne lol