Gu Tp Or Adamant A3

hdmackay

Hi,

I'm needing a new frame as I have cracked my last one and I was wondering what would be stronger. A GU Typhoon '08 or an Adamant A3.

I don't really care about weight I just want a really strong frame. I've heard about the '08 Typhoon's cracking where the seat stays meet the top tube but haven't heard much about Adamant's cracking.

Thanks

Hunter

A3 might be a better choice if you're after a strong frame, I'm not saying TP aren't strong though.

I've seen the TP frames crack right in front of the bash plate screw hole on the down tube, but it was more like the downtube had snapped and only held together by the bracing between the top and down tube.

A3 might be a better choice if you're after a strong frame, I'm not saying TP aren't strong though.

I've seen the TP frames crack right in front of the bash plate screw hole on the down tube, but it was more like the downtube had snapped and only held together by the bracing between the top and down tube.

Really? Is that common with the Tp's then? Because my mate's is starting to crack in same place. And i would rather have the adamant, mainly because i like the look of it more, and ive never heard of one snapping before, they're solid.

Kiwi

Really? Is that common with the Tp's then? Because my mate's is starting to crack in same place. And i would rather have the adamant, mainly because i like the look of it more, and ive never heard of one snapping before, they're solid.

Kiwi

I also saw it in a video a while ago, doubt I'll find it again. I don't know if thats the common place where they crack/snap though, haven't heard much of either the A3 or TP snapping or cracking.

I also saw it in a video a while ago, doubt I'll find it again. I don't know if thats the common place where they crack/snap though, haven't heard much of either the A3 or TP snapping or cracking.

I've heard of a few Tp's going, but never an Adamant. Stick with the Adamant, I dont like the way the tp's ride either, they're too low long and heavy.

Edited by Julius Czar