Freewheels

there is a good echo acs claw welded which was on tarty bikes but not no more. i was waiting for them to com ebck in stock to get my hands on one. but they didnt. You need to keep tightening them up or put som lock tigh on it like i did . works a treat.

there is a good echo acs claw welded which was on tarty bikes but not no more. i was waiting for them to com ebck in stock to get my hands on one. but they didnt. You need to keep tightening them up or put som lock tigh on it like i did . works a treat.

Acs claws have always and will always be awful, just because it says Echo on it doesn't make it any better.

As said above, Tensile and White industries Eno are very good.

There's also, Monty, Tryall, Rockman and more

Look here, http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/search.php?category_id=16

Avoid ACS freewheels like the plague.

Another vote for Tensile! I got one in December 2006, and it was still going strong up until I sold my mod about 3 months ago.

In that time my mate killed two try-alls and two enos...

Best £35 I ever spent, when you get it though, I'd strip it straight away and clean all the grease out, they really pack it in and it just sticks the pawls down and makes it start skipping. I ran mine with just WD40 in for about a year and it was fine.

I have had many freewheels in the short time I've been riding and my favourite 2 are the Monty because its very loud and reliable or the Try-all which is also extremely good.

Go for a tensile, it is a great freewheel. When i rode front free wheel i had a few freewheels too, but like you alot of them skipped, so i tried a tensile and it never skipped once on me! its great value for money and also sound kooool!

willis