Inspired Fourplay Vs 24uk

Scott Gibbs

Hey boys....

Well...I officially got hold of THE last Inspired frame in the country today!

Theyre seriously selling like CRAZY. He had 6 in stock not a week ago. Theyre all gone, so if you cant get hold of one its due to me now :P

lol

So, I have my other bike up for split here

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=137095

Now Im trying to -extremely quickly!- source parts for the Inspired. I think the headset will (from what ive been told) be a straight swap over?

So thats a Cane Creek headset, near new- sorted

Im transfering over the crank arms (Tensile 175mm), have some mint new pedals lined up back home and may get a seat from here or tarty.

Just wondering whether to keep my onza seatpost for the moment then maybe sell the seat back home or throw in the bin. Eh.

Thinking I'll keep the rear Magura HS33 (BUT NEED PADS URGENTLY PLEASE! Citrus ones or something similar if you boys have any?) and Ive been recommended to get a Hope Mono Trial front brake. The Magura front is as new with fresh bleed with Magura Blood and proper kit plus brand new pads due to the previous owner not liking them being so "bitey" and drowned them in WD-40... I know... i know....

Ive bought a bar and stem from Bionic Balls (cheers mate ;) ) but will need a much lighter stem as its more of a DH one :P

If anyone here has or knows of any 2nd hand Hope Mono Trial front brakes going at a fair price please let me know as Im chasing one and may just sell the Magura.

What BB would you guys recommend for the Inspired? Ali from Tarty was advising getting an ISIS Truative Gigapipe bb.

Theyre 48pounds but require a special tool to install which is 15pounds.

He said the bearings in the SKF BFR-600 which is now reduced to 58pounds from 85pounds has FAR better bearings in it, is a bit heavier, but runs the risk of breaking the lockring if overtightened as theyre only Aluminium. Not steel (which I personally think they should be). This doesnt require a tool, only common sense when using a flat-blade screw driver and gently- and evenly!- tapping it up roughly to its required torque.

What do you boys think between those two?

Id rather buy here and now. At least if the boys at Tarty have the tool for the BB they'll just install it for me to help me out.

I need to know by tomorrow though as I need to call him back and tell him what Im doing with the parts Im after.

Also thinking of going for a Hope Pro 2 rear hub and building a rim. And Transition front hub + build a rim.

People with 24's seem to go for Atomlab rims.

Ive been told a High Roller 2.7 rear tyre are fantastic and very streety but are great for trialsy stuff too and a Moto Digger 2.1 front.

Everything sounds fine there apart from the rear tyre, i'd say a 2.7 is WAY too wide, i'm using a 2.35 high roller at the moment with a Maxxis Downhill tube, had no problems with pinches, plenty of grip and rolls really nicely too :)

I'd say a 2.5 should be the max width to look at, 2.35 is pretty much perfect imo. You start adding silly amounts of weight with tyres that big!

I wouldn't call a high roller streety at all. I have a kenda blue groove on the back of mine which is similar and i can't wait to get it off and get something more streety. I'm going for high rollers - i currently also use the dmr moto digger and i dont like that also, don't like its grip or how easily it punctures so thats going aswell. I've used the dmr moto rt's on 26'' and they are very nice!!! If its being used for street give it street shoes.

I also use the truvative gigapipe BB - works pretty damn good, hasn't let me down but as you say you need the tool!

if you've got a magura front disc i'd just use that for now. I do use the hope mono trial and its good although mine is letting go even with a fresh bleed and disc/pads cleaned so if you've got a perfectly good disc - stay with it.

Also if you've asked tarty all these questions alreayd then theres not much need for this - they're the boys in the know. Theres never ever 1 shinign product that is superiour to every other, they all have good and bad points, just take the plunge and get on with it.

Doesn't the Gigapipe use an XTR BB tool (same as a Middleburn lockring) for fitting?

2.7" will be too much for anything remotely streety, especially if you get the tank ass dual ply which will also double the weight of your nearest city. I've been on Moto Diggers for the entire time I've been on 24"s (now and previously) and never had issues with punctures at all. If you are getting problems then there are a few similar options about though (Y)

Atomlab rims are cool. Not the lightest if you're looking to keep weight down a touch but pretty bombproof so you can't go far wrong.

He has a point man, just take a leap of faith and buy one. At the end of the day its only a bb! Having said that.... the truvativ is a good buy but u need the tool. But look at it this way if u buy the tool u have it for good then so it wont be an issue! Have fun on the inspired bud.

Well since cetfly has bought the last fourplay in the country and tarty wont have any till august! Im rideless as i just gave my saracen to my missus Doh! But the extra time will allow me to get a better collection of parts for my build so every cloud has a silver lining and all that. So i should have a spanker of a fourplay for the coast to coast road trip!

Rich4130 has one for £190 in the FS section, looks tidy. May be worth making him an offer (Y)

Yes I know and I want it

I will use the Tarty frame deposit to put towards a BB for Phils frame.

I got in first today with it, but still waiting to hear back on a total price for some other parts he had for sale to build the frame up with.

Then heres what went down AFTER I emailed him about wanting it with extra parts and to work out a price for me...

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....31421&st=20

Nick Pyke said "I know im not going to buy it and all, but please hold it it for CETFLY hes gaggin for one, and hes going back to australia some time next week so he would prob pick it up .

"Ifallofflots" FOOLISHLY said "He's already bought one"

I damn near hit the roof

Ive been chasing this frame for 3 weeks straight and trying to get anyone who knew him to get back to me. I pm'd, posted and also emailed- to which he then replied.

Now Nick thinks its his and the price has gone up from what he told me on the email, wont reply to me and wants to possibly go to auction by people bidding on it. This is rediculous. If someone gives you a price, and you agree, then you stick to that price.

I got in first and I wont back down on this. Its not fair due to one person speaking for someone else when they have NO right too, thats its now causing all this drama...... not......happy........ :angry:

Well since cetfly has bought the last fourplay in the country and tarty wont have any till august! Im rideless as i just gave my saracen to my missus Doh! But the extra time will allow me to get a better collection of parts for my build so every cloud has a silver lining and all that. So i should have a spanker of a fourplay for the coast to coast road trip!

No. I put a deposit on it till I could work out how the cheapest method of sending it home would be.

If Phil gets back to me and I get his frame, I'll tell Ali to hold it for you if you put a deposit down on it

Yes I know and I want it

I will use the Tarty frame deposit to put towards a BB for Phils frame.

I got in first today with it, but still waiting to hear back on a total price for some other parts he had for sale to build the frame up with.

Then heres what went down AFTER I emailed him about wanting it with extra parts and to work out a price for me...

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....31421&st=20

Nick Pyke said "I know im not going to buy it and all, but please hold it it for CETFLY hes gaggin for one, and hes going back to australia some time next week so he would prob pick it up .

"Ifallofflots" FOOLISHLY said "He's already bought one"

I damn near hit the roof

Ive been chasing this frame for 3 weeks straight and trying to get anyone who knew him to get back to me. I pm'd, posted and also emailed- to which he then replied.

Now Nick thinks its his and the price has gone up from what he told me on the email, wont reply to me and wants to possibly go to auction by people bidding on it. This is rediculous. If someone gives you a price, and you agree, then you stick to that price.

I got in first and I wont back down on this. Its not fair due to one person speaking for someone else when they have NO right too, thats its now causing all this drama...... not......happy........ :angry:

No. I put a deposit on it till I could work out how the cheapest method of sending it home would be.

If Phil gets back to me and I get his frame, I'll tell Ali to hold it for you if you put a deposit down on it

dude were u talkin to me? Im abit confused as to whats going on?

LOL, i dont want, re read my pm's :)

Tell me about it. What a HUGE blunder that was. In essence and in short, I posted a reply to Nick which was actually meant for someone else.

No doubt we each couldnt work out what the hell was going on in the PM's.

Ive personally apologised and explained what happened.

I hope thats helped sort the confusion out.

Nick was only trying to do the right thing. It was my stuff up.

Wow, what a day Im having today! Its a mess! :S

dude were u talkin to me? Im abit confused as to whats going on?

Yeah mate, only in the last bit

Ive chilled out now and know why things were confused. Lines got massively crossed.

I put a deposit down with Tarty on the last Inspired frame.

Then Phil replied about his frame, to which i said, ok, give me a price and on the other parts I need to build your frame up. This was via personal email around mid day.

I asked him to ring me regarding a price for the frame and parts.

I havent....repeat (for everyone :P) havent actually bought the frame yet from Tarty. It was "mine" by means of deposit.

I can always use that deposit to get a new BB from Tarty for Phils frame if he ever gets back to me about it.... Im still waiting to hear from him.

If I do get Phils frame, Im saying that you Bender, can grab that frame if you had a deposit to hold it for yourself. I'll ring them (if I get phils frame etc) and tell Ali you want the frame and that you have a deposit. That way its yours till you pay for the total price.

Make sense? Hope so.

What a shockin day Ive had.... :Slol

Edited by † CETFLY †

Tell me about it. What a HUGE blunder that was. In essence and in short, I posted a reply to Nick which was actually meant for someone else.

No doubt we each couldnt work out what the hell was going on in the PM's.

Ive personally apologised and explained what happened.

I hope thats helped sort the confusion out.

Nick was only trying to do the right thing. It was my stuff up.

Wow, what a day Im having today! Its a mess! :S

Yeah mate, only in the last bit

Ive chilled out now and know why things were confused. Lines got massively crossed.

I put a deposit down with Tarty on the last Inspired frame.

Then Phil replied about his frame, to which i said, ok, give me a price and on the other parts I need to build your frame up. This was via personal email around mid day.

I asked him to ring me regarding a price for the frame and parts.

I havent....repeat (for everyone :P) havent actually bought the frame yet from Tarty. It was "mine" by means of deposit.

I can always use that deposit to get a new BB from Tarty for Phils frame if he ever gets back to me about it.... Im still waiting to hear from him.

If I do get Phils frame, Im saying that you Bender, can grab that frame if you had a deposit to hold it for yourself. I'll ring them (if I get phils frame etc) and tell Ali you want the frame and that you have a deposit. That way its yours till you pay for the total price.

Make sense? Hope so.

What a shockin day Ive had.... :Slol

mate ur a f**kin legend! Sounds like u had a major stress out today!!! My heart sank when u said u got the last one in the whole country! But thats life! Just would of had to wait till august :( its bad init people are fightin over a frame!!! Ps Luke ur new avatar pic is awesome!

mate ur a f**kin legend! Sounds like u had a major stress out today!!! My heart sank when u said u got the last one in the whole country! But thats life! Just would of had to wait till august :( its bad init people are fightin over a frame!!! Ps Luke ur new avatar pic is awesome!

Yeah mate. I burnt out :(

Yeah, will let you know. Still no word at 10:31pm even though he PM'd me a price, delivered, this afternoon.... As soon as I know, i'll let you know so you can grab it.

I just need to save money mate so would prefer to get his over new

And yeah hehe Luke I like the new pic too :)

Edited by † CETFLY †

I must admit i would prefer to buy new. Peace of mind u know? I have the money sittin in my account for one! But yeah would be awesome if u let me know what goes on so i can do whatever! What colour did tarty have left? Lol im dying to get one and rip up the streets! Well after a bit of practice anyway! :D!

I must admit i would prefer to buy new. Peace of mind u know? I have the money sittin in my account for one! But yeah would be awesome if u let me know what goes on so i can do whatever! What colour did tarty have left? Lol im dying to get one and rip up the streets! Well after a bit of practice anyway! :D!

Poo brown :(

hehehe people know how much I loathe that colour. Its like bad 70's decor :P

Edited by † CETFLY †

I suppose that's about my cue to remind you how cheap sprays are again, whilst throwing this back out there:

n193109674_37730298_2404140.jpg

Simples. ;)

Hahaha Luke, you always crack me up when you reply to people :) love it. Top man (Y)

You shouldve mentioned how cheap your service charges are for resprays! :P

*CoUgH* simpson's bike *CoUgH*!

When i next see you at the southend ride (southend to where ever) are you goin to have wind mills on your bike ?

Edited by Nick pyke :)