Disc Brakes

Adam Griffiths

people i know drag the brake down a big hill...then throw water over the disc and caliper..

it goes "hiss"...sorts it though..

Whatever you do dont do that, it will f*** your disks up after time, it does on cars so I presume it does on bikes too. (Y)

i'm not chucking water on a hot disc as its more likely to make it crack than fix the problem. its a road bike so i need better braking performance not just a solid bite but cola may do the trick once ive cleaned them thanks for all the help.

I have this problem on my MTB , you see when you ride street etc (by roads) the exhaust fumes off cars motorbikes etc .

Give your rotor and pads a thin oily lining which dramatically effects your braking .

So to get over this problem you will have to start in france and clean it with hot water and scrub

Have fun

Hope i have helped

Josh

Whatever you do dont do that, it will f*** your disks up after time, it does on cars so I presume it does on bikes too. (Y)

Conciderring this is how LOADS of people do it then i dont see why he shouldnt, i have done it plenty of times, it works a treat !! It make the brake bite amazingly well :P You can also bake the pads in an oven to ensure they are clean and then lightly roughen the rotor with sandpaper to ensure that is clean too.

Adam (Y)

Edited by A.Baxter