Half Link Chains ?

gu69

i need a new chain and i was thinking maybe a halflink because i saw joe seddon rides with 1:)

i need to order it preety quick so need to decide soon

tartybikes dont sell them

selectbikes dont have any in yet

and trials uk dont have any in stock

so dont know where to go

thnx alot :)

kmc chains are strong but my halflink aint snapped yet i have ridden it scince christmas. go for a standard one.

i ride 20 inch would a half link be ok for that and what halflink do u use??

also what do you think about the KHE calapse chain ??

I have a gusset half link an that runs ok, have had it for about 4 months now, bought it off an ebay shop £13 i think it was.

Has snapped once but fixed it and i find it works pritty good (Y)

ok cheers

KMC kool :) mine is strong as fook

ok thnx

You can get half links from crc. If you must go for one get a Spank one as they are mint, however I strongly reccomend getting a normal chain as they are stronger, smoother and will last longer, if it is a tensioning problem run a single half link.

i used to ride a gusset half link but now gone to a kmc chain, can i use a the half like from the gusset chain to make the tension better on my kmc?

Yeah. Just put the link onto the chain before removing it from the half link chain as half links have a tendancy to fall apart when not part of a chain!

I'm most likely going to go for a half link chain, but only because my stoke has horizontal dropouts and no tensioner mount - and people on here have had problems getting some ratios to work on this frame (either a standard chain is too long or too short). I need the half link setup to give me more adjustability. however, if it don't need a half link chain (I'll check with a spare one first), I won't go for one. Basically, go for a standard type chain unless there is a reason to go for a half link.

Well id say get a half link as I have had one an all my bikes for the past 3 years. I have only had the shadow conspiracy ones. I have had the mk1 and mk2. Both did very well. Mk1 was 2 years old before it died. The mk 2 was going strong when I sold the bike. I have just put a mk2 on both of my bikes. A mod and a ss mtb. Never going to run kmc cool chains again. As they last me about 4 months before they die. If you do get one. Get the best you can. And put it on the right way or they do snap a bit more. Hope this helps

If you need the adjustment, get a normal strong chain, and add one halflink. It'd be the same length as the halflink chain, but stronger! From what I've heard, halflink chains tend to stretch quite a lot too.

get a khe calapse from tarty because the are the best

and half links are good but the tend to snape when you least expect it to

yh i think i might but arnt the links rele wide beacause its for a bmx ???