Hope Or Avid.

lpbluke

What is the best for performance wise becuse iv had a hope before but they all was seem to go crap after a while but have never used a avid.

you didnt specify avid cable or hydraulic. The bb7 cable is powerful but has very little 'feel' so there either on or off! I have had several bad experiences with hope brakes and wouldnt use them ever again! But dont over look the magura louise disc brake, good power, reliable Havent got the best lever feel but they are pretty good still and cheaper than a hope!

you didnt specify avid cable or hydraulic. The bb7 cable is powerful but has very little 'feel' so there either on or off! I have had several bad experiences with hope brakes and wouldnt use them ever again! But dont over look the magura louise disc brake, good power, reliable Havent got the best lever feel but they are pretty good still and cheaper than a hope!

but you dont get anywhere near as good warranty/costumer service as hope

Edited by Rob Brodie

What is the best for performance wise becuse iv had a hope before but they all was seem to go crap after a while but have never used a avid.

Luke, I recommend you try out your hope again. But get some new pads and get rotor. If it hasn't already, bleed it and try it out then.

yeah i have heard that hope are really good for customer service. But with the magura louise they are that reliable they wont break down as much!

i have got hope brakes on all my bike DJ, DH, and Trials, and i would rate them amazing, they are built in engalnd and have a definite superior build quality and there feel is amazing.

i havn't had any problems (touch wood) and will definatly stick with them.

hope it helps

I would deffo recommend a bb7 there super bitey and have great hold every bike Ive been on with one its amazing I'd have one myself if it wasn't for the hassle of new forks hub and buying the thing itself

BB7. I've just gone from a front maggie to a 185 BB7 on a stock, and it's amazing. Love the feel of it, love the modulation, love the power, and most of all, LOVE the lack of noise!! When set up with the right lever/cable/year caliper a bb7 can easily be as powerful as a hope.

BB7. I've just gone from a front maggie to a 185 (need a 203 ben) BB7 on a stock, and it's amazing. Love the feel of it, love the modulation, love the power, and most of all, LOVE the lack of noise!! When set up with the right lever/cable/year caliper a bb7 can easily be as powerful as a hope.

bb7! mine has crushed a headset!

I would defiantly have to say the hope.

They are so reliable its unreal,

My mates running one and it’s brilliant

Hope I helped,

JJ:)

That is probably just you riding with a loose headset actually.

I would stick with hope as they are the best but bb7 are more than powerful enough, just don't feel as nice.

nope headset was fine! jusrt crushed it as doing loads of to fronts