Got My First Trials Bike

c4a8l

I’ve picked up my first trials bike yesterday it is an Ashton Justice 20 with Maguar Hydraulic Evo 2 brakes front and rear.

I love the bike it feels strange compared to my suspension bike but I think iv adjusted to it ok.

What I would like to know is where do I start in regards to training, what sort of things should I try to do first?

Thanks.

Familiarise yourself with the feel of the bike, then practise back hops, then pedal kicks, when confident start trying gradually increasing walls with both sidehops and up to backwheel, just go from there. Wear a helmet.

I’ve picked up my first trials bike yesterday it is an Ashton Justice 20 with Maguar Hydraulic Evo 2 brakes front and rear.

I love the bike it feels strange compared to my suspension bike but I think iv adjusted to it ok.

What I would like to know is where do I start in regards to training, what sort of things should I try to do first?

Thanks.

Nice choice of bike mate, pretty old school stlye ;)

I would say the first couple of tricks to learn to get you started in trials would be:

The trackstand (Basically just balancing on the bike not going anywhere)

The backhop (Hopping on your rear wheel in the same place)

And the Kickhop (Hopping forward on your rear wheel).

Take a look at this website: http://www.trashzen.co.uk

It will help you loads with those 3 things.

(Y)

Thanks that link is great that is exactly the sort of thing I’ve been looking for thank you.

The Ashton is the style that I really like the only thing is the back end is quite heavy the front is really light though.

My first trials bike.

SNV33201.jpg

I’ve spent the last two evenings trying to get use to the balance on it both for trackstand and rear wheel hop.

It’s good fun and I feel like I am making some progress.

Is there anyone around Lincoln that can I can practice with and get some pointers?

Always wear a helmet; for safety, even if its getting up a kerb, start with getting to ride the bike, balancing, back hops pedal kicks, floor gaps, drops, then by that time you will be able to do big sidehops and gaps like me. Joke.

wheres the spelling bee?

Edited by ogre