Magura Help...

Styles

Hey guys,

I need to get the oil out of my magura, and water in it... without a bleed kit, is this possible?

I checked the wiki section and that says about bleeding it with water, when its already empty, but how do i get the oil out with no bleed kit....?

cheers

Hey guys,

I need to get the oil out of my magura, and water in it... without a bleed kit, is this possible?

I checked the wiki section and that says about bleeding it with water, when its already empty, but how do i get the oil out with no bleed kit....?

cheers

Stick the bike on its side and undo the bottem screw and the screw in the main body and pump the leaver.

Guest itstroy08

Easier way, put the brake in the sink full of water, and simpally undo the bolt on the lever and calliper, and pull the lever until no more oil comes out.

Then put a bolt into the lever and repeat.

Or, this also works, but is longer:

Take all hoses out and all bolts out, then simpally keep tapping the capplipers in a bucket intil no more oil comes out.

block one hole up on the lever and keep squeezing, and swap holes , repeat until no oil is coming out.

and get a cloth and blow down the hoses.

Then put back togeather and fill with water.

Yes all you need is a bit of pipe a container and also the a syringe. It works good with discs dont see why it wont work with your Maggies.

James

depends what discs...as far as i know, very few discs are sealed and therefore need a syringe, most ther systems operate using a reservoir.

To be honest, you're much better of just buying the bleed tools, and just using water.

Bleed is about once every 2-3 weeks.

Depending on how much you're riding.

But, if i were you i'd get the proper kit, because you'll be wanting to do it alot! :)

Mat.

To be honest, you're much better of just buying the bleed tools, and just using water.

Bleed is about once every 2-3 weeks.

Depending on how much you're riding.

But, if i were you i'd get the proper kit, because you'll be wanting to do it alot! :)

Mat.

I aint bled mine for nearly a year and they're fine.

Edited by theom

Cheers guys, it's all done, works a treat, just put it in the bath, emptied out all the old oil, then filled bath back up and filled it with water. Thanks for the help!

I'm not going to be bleeding it every 2-3 weeks though, had my old water bleed in my little old Aorta for over 6 months that I had it and it was fine...

JamesMilburn Posted Jul 18 2009, 10:57 PM

Yes all you need is a bit of pipe a container and also the a syringe. It works good with discs dont see why it wont work with your Maggies.

James

I know how to bleed a brake with the kit, the post was asking how I could do it without, so I didn't have a syringe or anything else available...

Just un doo the blead bolt, (on leaver and pistons)

And just pump the leaver till all/most of it is out:)

P.S I haven't blead my brake in over 4 months (It's a water bleed)

And its fine :D

O sweet pal!

I'll think about water-bleeding mine!

How do you do it?

Do you just chuck the full brake in the sink or what ever.

Or do you have proper kit? :S

Thanks.

Mat,

Could do with a little bit of help myself, Have attempted a water bleed but have noticed only one side of my brakes is working, seems like one of the pistons is stuck in and has no movement, was wondering if there is an easy fix for this ??? thanks.

This happened to me... Re-do the bleed in the bath, but keep it completely under the water, and pull the lever over and over and over, covering one hole, and then the other and vice versa until there is no more bubbles coming out. Not even little bubbles, none at all. Then do the bolts back up underwater.

To test if it is working without putting it back on the bike (which I failed to do hence having to keep putting brake on bike... Then take it off a few times over) I put the pads in the slaves and then held them together and pulled the lever, if the lever did not feel firm the there was still air in the brake so repeated the process.

Eventually worked, but I'm sure the more you do it the easier it gets.

O sweet pal!

I'll think about water-bleeding mine!

How do you do it?

Do you just chuck the full brake in the sink or what ever.

Or do you have proper kit? :S

Thanks.

Mat,

I just put mine in the sink and do it :D A lot cheaper than a kit and oil :)

This happened to me... Re-do the bleed in the bath, but keep it completely under the water, and pull the lever over and over and over, covering one hole, and then the other and vice versa until there is no more bubbles coming out. Not even little bubbles, none at all. Then do the bolts back up underwater.

To test if it is working without putting it back on the bike (which I failed to do hence having to keep putting brake on bike... Then take it off a few times over) I put the pads in the slaves and then held them together and pulled the lever, if the lever did not feel firm the there was still air in the brake so repeated the process.

Eventually worked, but I'm sure the more you do it the easier it gets.

Thanks a lot mate, will try it as soon as i get the time :)

i thought i bled it enough but apparantly not lol, do you know if there is a way of doing the bath bleed without undoing the bolt on the lever ??

Thanks a lot mate, will try it as soon as i get the time :)

i thought i bled it enough but apparantly not lol, do you know if there is a way of doing the bath bleed without undoing the bolt on the lever ??

I don't think so because you would have to get all of the oil out of the lever as well to have a completely fresh bleed.

I don't think so because you would have to get all of the oil out of the lever as well to have a completely fresh bleed.

just managed to try and re bleed, i completely emptied the system and managed to follow the wiki section on bath bleeding to a "T" but for some reason it stil iss providing enough braking power.

The brake will stop me but there is no way it will hold my weight.

Do you have any quick fixes for this ?

Is the lever pulling to the bar or feel spongy - Could have air in the system still and will have to do a re-bleed/bath.

Could have wrong pads to rim combo, i.e if the lever pulls to where it is supposed to but the brake won't lock then maybe need new pads/grind/tar/brake spray.

Other than that I can't suggest anything else...

just managed to try and re bleed, i completely emptied the system and managed to follow the wiki section on bath bleeding to a "T" but for some reason it stil iss providing enough braking power.

The brake will stop me but there is no way it will hold my weight.

Do you have any quick fixes for this ?

Sorry if this sounds insulting but have you adjusted your brakes up to the rims in your mounts??