Need Trials Tips :)

kyeo00

Hello my friends.

I've been riding now for about 6 months, but, i've been on/off due to failures with my bike :P

I'm currently riding a Onza Blade, it's not brilliant, but hey!- it gets me around!

Well, i was wondering if anyone could give me any headsups/pointers/little-tips, on any of the trials bike ''areas'' that i'm having problems with.

First, of all, i can hop around like there's no tomorow, so i'm cool with that :)

What i really stuggle with is...

From the ground getting up medium-high object, the highest thing i can get up is like: a 30cm kurb :(

What i'm doing at the moment is, pushing on my left foot to get into the wheelie position then ''trying'' to flick hard with the right to give me the lift.

Am i doing this wrong?

Or am i doing this wright?

I'd be extremely greatful if i could hear from some of the great trialsers out there!

Thanks alot!

Lastly, the final thing i can't do.. When i'm onto my back tyre, i can't seem to turn sideways, whilst on my back tyre.

I don't know whether to try and turn whilst being on the pavement, or i'm supposed to leave the floor and hop sideways?

Once again my friends, i'd be extremely greatful for a reply on this one!

Thanks alot!

Your Good pal, Mat!

Hello there mate :)

Firstly, I think i'm also a little bit like you.

I find it amazingly easy to hop around everywhere on my back wheel, also while changing direction (turning round).

But like you, I also struggle getting up objects.

I can go straight to back wheel and sidehop up walls about 24" high, but nothing more.

Yet I can drop off of, or even drop gap off of walls up to about 3 1/2 foot high.

to be honest, I think your best place for riding tips would be here: http://www.Trashzen.com

They even have great little video clips to show you exactly how to pull a move.

James.

Thanks alot pal!

I'll defonately check that out!

Trying to wait till i'm off the ''new members chat'' so i can buy some new things for my bike :))

Lol :P

I'll check that out right now!

Appreciate it!!

Mat. :)

Thanks alot pal!

I'll defonately check that out!

Trying to wait till i'm off the ''new members chat'' so i can buy some new things for my bike :))

Lol :P

I'll check that out right now!

Appreciate it!!

Mat. :)

That's no problem mate :)

Both of us are in the big long ass learning process haha :lol:

And yep, once you get validated which by looking at your posts, you should do in no time,

pop into the for-sale section and you will get some nice bits for silly cheap prices!

(Y)

Haha, thanks pal :D

Firstly, i proberbly wanna buy a brake booster, because i don't have one at all :D

And i get abit of flex on braking. :/

Sooo, that'll sort that out :))

I've got an Onza Blade, can you suggest the worst things about it which i should replace first..

I think i heard a thought that the forks where really heavy?..

Hello my friends.

I've been riding now for about 6 months, but, i've been on/off due to failures with my bike :P

I'm currently riding a Onza Blade, it's not brilliant, but hey!- it gets me around!

Well, i was wondering if anyone could give me any headsups/pointers/little-tips, on any of the trials bike ''areas'' that i'm having problems with.

First, of all, i can hop around like there's no tomorow, so i'm cool with that :)

What i really stuggle with is...

From the ground getting up medium-high object, the highest thing i can get up is like: a 30cm kurb :(

What i'm doing at the moment is, pushing on my left foot to get into the wheelie position then ''trying'' to flick hard with the right to give me the lift.

Am i doing this wrong?

Or am i doing this wright?

I'd be extremely greatful if i could hear from some of the great trialsers out there!

Thanks alot!

Lastly, the final thing i can't do.. When i'm onto my back tyre, i can't seem to turn sideways, whilst on my back tyre.

I don't know whether to try and turn whilst being on the pavement, or i'm supposed to leave the floor and hop sideways?

Once again my friends, i'd be extremely greatful for a reply on this one!

Thanks alot!

Your Good pal, Mat!

Hey. Firstly.... the 30cm cerb I’m not sure if your side hopping or peddle kicking please say?

Person I don’t know how to side hop yet, but peddle kick is easy (I tend to go strait into it though.) 3 simple steps but all fairly fast:

1. Wheelie.

2.do a rear wheel hop.

3.put your brake on (rear) and prepare to land

With that technique I’m already hopping off 2ft high things and hopping like a meter, I find that will really help you.

Laurence.

PS. if you want to talk and need extra help, feel free to add me on msn :) which you can go on my profile page for.:)

PS(2). Please make an effort to sort your spellings out (use the spell checker on the forums or just use word as i do)

Hey. Firstly.... the 30cm cerb I’m not sure if your side hopping or peddle kicking please say?

Person I don’t know how to side hop yet, but peddle kick is easy (I tend to go strait into it though.) 3 simple steps but all fairly fast:

1. Wheelie.

2.do a rear wheel hop.

3.put your brake on (rear) and prepare to land

With that technique I’m already hopping off 2ft high things and hopping like a meter, I find that will really help you.

Laurence.

PS. if you want to talk and need extra help, feel free to add me on msn :) which you can go on my profile page for.:)

PS(2). Please make an effort to sort your spellings out (use the spell checker on the forums or just use word as i do)

Ok ok thanks pally!

Yeah i'm proberbly not side hopping xD

But, i can pedal kick XD.

I'll add you on msn when i'm on so we can just have a talk anyway :)

I like making new friends.

Talk to you soon.

GL with trials!

Mat.

I'm also having the same problems as you guys except i also have trouble maintaining my balance while hopping on the back wheel can anyone give me some pointers on how to improve this ?? Thanks lewis

Same here my friend.

Unless i'm going in a straight line, i fall off alot :D

All i can think of is- just do it more often :P

Go out everyday biking.

A good idea would be to just hop for like 5 hours on a weekend or something :D

Haha.

I'm going to do that when i get my bike back (repair atm).

:)

GL!!

Mat.:)

Good idea man!

Shall do :)

Hope i can eventually get up them walls :D

Mat.

If you dont find using the bench a good way to help get up the walls the you could use a ladder :lol: sorry i am just being silly naa benches are good but if you can find a very low wall like 1-2ft that would be the best cuz not only could you practise a zap tap but it would also help your balance alot hope ive helped even though i was silly :lol: alex. and GOOD LUCK with everything mate. (Y)

If you dont find using the bench a good way to help get up the walls the you could use a ladder :lol: sorry i am just being silly naa benches are good but if you can find a very low wall like 1-2ft that would be the best cuz not only could you practise a zap tap but it would also help your balance alot hope ive helped even though i was silly :lol: alex. and GOOD LUCK with everything mate. (Y)

Heheh!

Thanks alot pal :)

Yeah, i'll get right to it!

Get my bike back tomorow :P

Mat.

P.S.

GOOD LUCK ASWELL! :)

Haha, thanks pal :D

Firstly, i proberbly wanna buy a brake booster, because i don't have one at all :D

And i get abit of flex on braking. :/

Sooo, that'll sort that out :))

I've got an Onza Blade, can you suggest the worst things about it which i should replace first..

I think i heard a thought that the forks where really heavy?..

Ermm, well I myself have an Onza Bird, which is the model 2 down from the Blade.

But I would guess that the forks on both of them would be very similar,

and since I replaced my forks with Echo Lite's, I have noticed a big difference!

But I did replace my bars and stem too with much lighter parts.

I also changed my rear wheel but that was only because the bike didn't come with drilled rims where as I think yours does?

James (Y).

Ermm, well I myself have an Onza Bird, which is the model 2 down from the Blade.

But I would guess that the forks on both of them would be very similar,

and since I replaced my forks with Echo Lite's, I have noticed a big difference!

But I did replace my bars and stem too with much lighter parts.

I also changed my rear wheel but that was only because the bike didn't come with drilled rims where as I think yours does?

James (Y).

Ooo cool :D

Correct my friend, does come with drilled rims :P

I'll get some new forks/bar/stem for christmas :)

Or maybe if i can find some money somewhere :o

Make a vid of you biking and show me, i wanna see what ''our'' bikes are capable off :P

Well, what you're capable of on them :P

Mat.