Need Some Help (magura Hs33's)

Have read the Wiki section on how to bleed magura's in a bath and have been half successful

The brake is bled and when the lever is pulled both pistons extend to the rim and do stop me

My only problem is that i have to pull the lever to the handlebars until i get any "bite"

Although the bike stops fairly quickly the brake wouldnt hold me if i was to pedal hop.

Is there anything i am doing wrong or anything i should be doing, any advice would be appreciated.

you should consider another factors:brake set up,pads,rim(grind,dust on it),flexing frame...did you screw tpa all the way out before bleeding?

Im assuming the TPA is the red adjustable nob on the lever, and to be honest i didnt know i had to, and when i have tried it wont physically twist.

heh,thats strange,how strong are you? :D what about that other factors,aren´t the chainstays flexing?check it out,that could decrease brake power very bad

lmao obviously not strong enough. :) i have noticed a bit of flex when pulling the brake, but to be honest its only been weak since i rebled it, it was fine before.

i think it clear now.just bleed it again,and screw the bleeding bolts onder water if you haven´t before to keep all water in

lol ill give it another go 1 more cant help afterall :) just everytime i have tried it i have the same result, a brake which will stop me but wont hold.

heh,thats strange,how strong are you? :D what about that other factors,aren´t the chainstays flexing?check it out,that could decrease brake power very bad

Lol :P

He's proberbly very strong.

Mine broke in like 4 weeks on my Hs33's and it wouldn't turn with any force!

Mat.

have you tried using the adjustment on the calipers ie u can pull or push the closer/further away from the wheel where they bolt on if there is too much gap then that will explain why your getting this effect. check that all bolts are secure aswell

hope this helps

have you tried using the adjustment on the calipers ie u can pull or push the closer/further away from the wheel where they bolt on if there is too much gap then that will explain why your getting this effect. check that all bolts are secure aswell

hope this helps

I'm guessing he has, that's like the simplest thing known to man :D

Mat.

Lol :P

He's proberbly very strong.

Mine broke in like 4 weeks on my Hs33's and it wouldn't turn with any force!

Mat.

That rather sounds like your hitting on me ;) lmao

I'm guessing he has, that's like the simplest thing known to man :D

Mat.

And yeah i have lol Gonna give it all a go today, try a re bleed and then the set up !!

how far are the pads away from the rim? are you bleeding with the tpa dialled in? are the pads moving as soon as you pull the lever?

The TPA isn't moving at all, just wont budge

And the pads do move both move equally and easily but when on the bike i have to pull the lever until it's near enough touching the handlebars

And the pads are very close to the rim, basically touching.

If the t.p.a is not moving its because it's threaded and you should try and bleed the break using a bleeding kit and not a bath its got alot bigger chance of there being no air in the brake when you set it up. (Y)

Also you might have lazy pistons that will be why they dont move at the same time.

Edited by trials-ryan