Onza Bird

Grovesy93

Hi, I've been looking into getting a trials bike and I have come down to one bike I like but I want to know what other people think about it. I know the Onza bird is a slight upgrade on the RIP and I dont want one of those as I've ridden one and it doesn't have very good brakes. So please help me as I'm looking to get one soon.

Cheers

Sean

Hi, I've been looking into getting a trials bike and I have come down to one bike I like but I want to know what other people think about it. I know the Onza bird is a slight upgrade on the RIP and I dont want one of those as I've ridden one and it doesn't have very good brakes. So please help me as I'm looking to get one soon.

Cheers

Sean

Definatly the onza bird for the extra bit of money because the fat back wheel will really help you and the front disks are supposed to have a huge bite in them, when there set up right :P

Edited by Jamie_Trials

I have an Onza Bird myself and trying not to be biased, but i can HIGHLY recommend them.

They're just such good beginner bikes, the front disc does have a VERY good bite to it,

the components aren't the lightest, but are very strong, and the only things I have broken are the rear brake arms,

and the outer cage on my pedals (but that happens with all caged pedals).

It is a very decent buy for the money, and you really won't regret it ;)

Cheers

Sean

get a blade dont bother with crappy rear v brakes and v mounts

You'd need some magura evo 2 mounts, which are a b!tch if you need to take the magura off.

But to be honest i'd just try find like a t-pro on ebay or here, much better bikes, and if its second hand it'll have better parts on.

ye i found out it can be better to buy second hand bikes instead of brand new ones, have a look on ebay

Yes, if I was you I would get the Onza Bird because:

1. It has 19" rear wheel which is good because you can basicly buy any 19" rear tyre.

2. You get better tyres then you do on the Rip maxxis creepy crawler front and rear.

3. You get a Onza Front Duel Pull disc brake, which to me, I would say they are better then front Onza v brake but thats my opinon.

It's all worth spending that little extra :D.

1. It has 19" rear wheel which is good because you can basicly buy any 19" rear tyre.

2. You get better tyres then you do on the Rip maxxis creepy crawler front and rear.

3. You get a Onza Front Duel Pull disc brake, which to me, I would say they are better then front Onza v brake but thats my opinon.

dont listen to him hes just trying to make you get a crappy bike, i was looking for a 26" bike brought one for £500 and its worth every penny. dont buy a brand new bike trust me its the worst thing you can do. and dont bother with stupid v brakes trust me.☻

So your telling me, that maxxis CC are crap? :lol:

Nooooooo Sorry about that bit got it rong.

2. You get better tyres on the Bird maxxis creepy crawler front and rear.

Cheers

Sean

The V-Brakes are not very good but the bike itself is ok.

I've heard bad things about them but if you like it get it.

dont listen to him hes just trying to make you get a crappy bike, i was looking for a 26" bike brought one for £500 and its worth every penny. dont buy a brand new bike trust me its the worst thing you can do. and dont bother with stupid v brakes trust me.☻

I think that's the biggest load of shit i've seen posted on this forum.

V-brakes are perfectly fine, they only need to be set-up correctly

(obviously not by a retard like you), and you need decent pads.

And what are you saying about buying new? Give me 1 reason why it's the worst thing you can do?

A new bike will be a whole lot more reliable than some shitty second hand T-Poo.

And last thing, you say: 'hes just trying to make you get a crappy bike, i was looking for a 26" bike'.

Are you trying to put across that mod's are crap and stocks are the only good bikes?

If you are then jesus, you are sooo mistaken.

James.

Edited by Horndean Trials

• 2 weeks later...

I hav a t-bird and im gunner upgrade to the blade, the rear v brake on ma bird was great up until just recently when it keeps poping out (any 1 know were i can get a replacement?) i tried nipping it soo it doesn't pop out anymore which worked for abit but doesnt anymore. I wud say getting the bird purely cuz it's an alround better bike and i wud definatly stretch to by it, after all u pay for wat u get (Y)

Tom