Onza Dropouts,

Paperclip

This dropout was developed four years ago and has been used in production models since the 2007 T-Mag, introduced at Cycle 2007 almost 2 years ago. It has been used subsequently on Pro's, Blade's and Comp's (incidentally, all of which use U6 tubing) as well as the Pro series frames. Why do we keep hearing 5 or 6 months?

We take every criticism on board and constantly review our designs to look for improvements. As I have said many times before on this forum, Trials frames, like all products, evolve and all inputs assist this process. There is no definitive "design" for a frame for any particular purpose. No one would argue that our frames currently on offer are not vastly superior to those which we offered 10 years ago. Equally, they were not faulty designs, but were the best we could offer based on our knowledge at that time. We, of course, will look at the scale of any problem which may or may not have been identified here and if improvements are needed we will implement them. This style of dropout is in our opinion the way forward and snail cams are yesterdays solution.

We produce Trials frames without giving them any particular designated usage. I am sure that any description of their purpose given by any of our dealers is done so based entirely on their dimensions and geometry and does not give a guarantee as to how long the frame will last, should you use that advice to make your purchase. Trials riding is a very abusive sport and there is a huge variation in style, scope and quality of riding. For this reason we can give no definitive warranty on any of our frames. Every case is taken on its individual merit and we have in our opinion the best safeguards in the industry for our customers.

Was riding Joe's Limey 20 all weekend up on Dartmoor and had a good look at the drop out system and i really cant see what these people are doing to them, unless they are very isolated faults in the frames? It seems like a fantastic design and i had no issues what's so with it over the weekend; more to the point from what Joe told me, NONE of the team riders have had an issue with them either. I think if there was an actual design fault one of them would have had the issue, especially Andrei, who lets be honest is pretty hard on bikes. As mike has said you cant base what the frame is designed for from what a shop like Tarty interprets, its a guide, if you're smooth street rider then you can ride a comp style frame, base what the frame is designed for on the weight and geometry together.

I've seen countless XTP's for sale with multiple cracks but people don't have issues paying new Onza price for a second hand cracked Koxx.... plus no one tends to cry when, not if, when they do crack after 6 months. Think yourselves lucky Onza are a rider orientated company who will take your feedback on board, issues will be sorted, warranty issues will be replaced... unlike a lot of continental based brands.

If you want a street specific value for money Onza frame you'll just have to wait for the CLS model to come out, getting him on board it seems like they're pretty serious about filling the whole in their range for a higher end street frame.

I've already told Joe what frame I'm having next.

That's a failure rate of less than 1% though, which isn't actually that bad? Obviously it's not ideal, but there have been many worse ones out there.

A failure rate of 1% is acceptable and says to me that ONZAs' quality assurance system is very good. Many other general products would have a failure rate of much higher than this.

This dropout was developed four years ago and has been used in production models since the 2007 T-Mag, introduced at Cycle 2007 almost 2 years ago. It has been used subsequently on Pro's, Blade's and Comp's (incidentally, all of which use U6 tubing) as well as the Pro series frames. Why do we keep hearing 5 or 6 months?

We take every criticism on board and constantly review our designs to look for improvements. As I have said many times before on this forum, Trials frames, like all products, evolve and all inputs assist this process. There is no definitive "design" for a frame for any particular purpose. No one would argue that our frames currently on offer are not vastly superior to those which we offered 10 years ago. Equally, they were not faulty designs, but were the best we could offer based on our knowledge at that time. We, of course, will look at the scale of any problem which may or may not have been identified here and if improvements are needed we will implement them. This style of dropout is in our opinion the way forward and snail cams are yesterdays solution.

We produce Trials frames without giving them any particular designated usage. I am sure that any description of their purpose given by any of our dealers is done so based entirely on their dimensions and geometry and does not give a guarantee as to how long the frame will last, should you use that advice to make your purchase. Trials riding is a very abusive sport and there is a huge variation in style, scope and quality of riding. For this reason we can give no definitive warranty on any of our frames. Every case is taken on its individual merit and we have in our opinion the best safeguards in the industry for our customers.

Well said, I don't see it as a design fault at all. How else would trials progress unless someone has the balls to produce new designs and products.

Matt

It seems like a fantastic design and i had no issues what's so with it over the weekend; more to the point from what Joe told me, ONE of the team riders have had an issue with them.

Swindle did.

Think yourselves lucky Onza are a rider orientated company who will take your feedback on board, issues will be sorted, warranty issues will be replaced... unlike a lot of continental based brands.

Yeah, I think that's great too. I do consider myself lucky.

Having read the last few posts I have realised I maybe jumped to conclusions a bit, so I apologise for that. However I will be keeping my eye out on the dropout if I get another frame.