E-commerce Site Creation

Wrayvon

Going to be creating a simple one very soon, but am having trouble getting it going, which I am guessing is down to lack of experience and knowledge!

Been trying to use this, but cannot get it all set up properly!

Basically want someone to answer the million questions I'm going to through at them :) Or even show me a new method...

EDIT: When I say site creation, I mean more the database and shopping cart side. I can make the site already :P

Edited by Wrayvon

Well the only Web Designers on here that could help are JonMack, Simon, Bronz and possibly iCharlie.

JonMack and Simon arn't regulars, Bronz is often willing to point people in the right direction but works full time so won't be able to help much, and iCharlie is on holiday at the moment, and he's really busy at the moment anyway.

Best off asking on overclockers.co.uk forum in the HTML and Programming section, or going on a web design forum.

I've done very little PHP, and nothing to do with databases or anything yet, so can't help I'm afraid.

If you are planning on taking card payment without bouncing out to a site like paypal be prepared to get into nightmares like pci compliance. I've just done one for a company at work and it was an utter nightmare.

Extended SSL certificates take a good 1-2 weeks to sort out as well.

Have you considered using a service like http://www.shopify.com/?

Yeah I could use a service such as that, in fact I have one included in my hosting package. But I need to make it as its for my dissertation so I have to have all the code and everything which I cant get from those sites :P

Yeah I was just going to use google checkout to start with (the company want that).

EDIT: Thanks I'll try get talking to them :)

Edited by Wrayvon