Mod Or Stock? Which Is Better?

musicality

I am 6ft2" and 11 stone, about a month and a half ago I purchased a 26" onza t-raptor thinking that due to my height I thought I would be better off with larger wheels. I have since rode with some friends who all ride mods, I had a go on one and found it to be much easier to ride. my t-raptor will take a 24" wheel, can I have some of your opinions on whether or not to buy a set of 24" rims or buy a new bike with 20" wheels alternatively I could keep a 26" wheel on it.

Let me know what you all think?

cheers guys

I am 6ft2" and 11 stone, about a month and a half ago I purchased a 26" onza t-raptor thinking that due to my height I thought I would be better off with larger wheels. I have since rode with some friends who all ride mods, I had a go on one and found it to be much easier to ride. my t-raptor will take a 24" wheel, can I have some of your opinions on whether or not to buy a set of 24" rims or buy a new bike with 20" wheels alternatively I could keep a 26" wheel on it.

Let me know what you all think?

cheers guys

I think that a 20" is better, because the bike is smaller and most probably lighter. Also a 24" + don't look as good to me.

Its really preference and terrain. If you like riding more natural such as rocks or objects that larger wheels can easily go over then you should stick with a stock. Mods are easier to move around on because of size yet their small wheels may have trouble rolling over some obstacles. In the end you can ride any terrain with any bike, but if you like the feel of a mod better i'd say go for it.

It's all down to personal preference. Go to a group ride and have a go on a few different bikes before you buy. (Y)

I'd say you'd be better off with a stock though, I'm only 5'11 and I ride stock, when I started i was about 5'7-8 and rode mod.

As a couple of people have said it mostly down to personal preference an what you find the most comfortable an easy to ride, if you do go to a mod there are long mod frames out there which would suit your height better.

The idea of going to a group ride is a awesome idea as you can have a go on all manner of stock or mod bikes, you might find its just something silly like just the wrong set up on your current stock.

cheers

Ben