Just Bought A Second Hand 3ccd Camera, Need Some Advice.

Trials Punk

Hi all

Just got myself a Panasonic NV-DX1 3CCD MiniDV second hand. Its an old camera but I was drawn to it for some reason. Think they made them in 1997 or something.

Anyway, what I need to know is, how much would you say the camera is worth second hand. I know they were £3000 brand new.

Also, its got S-Video output, could I get a TV tuner card and upload footage to a PC via that? Or would I have to use a MiniDV deck or an old MiniDV camera?

Cheers.

You generally wanna be using an old miniDV camera for uploading so as not to f**k up the tape reels in the good one, but that's all I know.

As for the old thing, VX1000's are still reaaallly well used inthe skate/bmx video scene and were made in 94 or something rediculous, so it may still be worth a bit.

Edited by Max Quinn

Cheers for that, I think I had best get another MiniDV camera with firewire, the prices on decks are insane!! Yeah, I heard about the VX1000's, I've found some reviews comparing that one with the one I've got now.

Thanks for the advice.

If anyone knows any more on this camera, let me know.