What Would Fit Me Best? 20/26

Jan Tore

Hi.

So, I have pretty much decided for a 26" bike. I think many of them look very good. Also, I've always rid 26" bikes.

The thing is though, that 20" bikes looks very nice to ride, simple as that. And since I'm pretty much a beginner, I guess it will be easier for me to learn with a 20".

For information, I'm pretty much going TGS.

20" Defantly! my mate alex has braught a 26 pitbull recently and hes a biginner and hes really struggling to learn. I went on it and it felt massive compaired to my t-pro and i couldnt pedal kick it because it was so hard to pull the front up!

100% 20"

Hope i helped Laurence.

Thanks :lol: no i conpleetly agree with laurence its taking my a lot longer to learn trials on my 26" than i thought it would but when i ride laurence's t-pro and it felt tiny and yet i had gone from my bmx to my Zoo pitbull and it felt fine but when i go on his wel i just dont know but i would say that you learn faster on a 20" so i agree 100% 20" good luck with it mate her is a pic of my bike and laurence's t-pro. (Y)

post-23132-1251836112_thumb.jpg

Not what I wanted to hear :P

But sure, it might be easier to learn. But it can't be that big of a deal?

I mean, considering you have a larger rolling surface with 26" wheels, you won't fail as much as with a 20". Or am I wrong here?

oh :( sorry what did you want to here ?

Thanks :lol: no i conpleetly agree with laurence its taking my a lot longer to learn trials on my 26" than i thought it would but when i ride laurence's t-pro and it felt tiny and yet i had gone from my bmx to my Zoo pitbull and it felt fine but when i go on his wel i just dont know but i would say that you learn faster on a 20" so i agree 100% 20" good luck with it mate her is a pic of my bike and laurence's t-pro. (Y)

i was thinking how the hell did you get you hands on that picture then realised it was you lol

your learning slowly though (Y)

Well, I know I probably should try both the 20 and the 26, but there is no community for trials anywhere near I live, so finding a bike would probably be mission impossible.

Edit: Well, lets wait for some of them 26" enthusiasts to arrive this thread as well then.

Edited by Jan Tore

I can actually imagine that a 20" is easier to ride and learn on.

Still, concidering the fact that I always have been riding 26" mountainbikes / dirt bikes, would a 20" be very odd to ride for me?

Also, I'm 6ft2", if that matters in the choice of a bike.

Edited by Jan Tore

I'm 6'1'' and my first bike was a 24'' which i got 2 1/2 months ago. It being my first trials bike, i'd have to say i picked stuff up fairly quickly and can now rear wheel hop and pedal kick a bit. Mods may be easier to ride but its really up to personal preference. You might have a hard time riding a mod and feel like a natural on a stock. I'd say give both bikes a try and see which you like more, (or you can get a 24" ;) )

Hi again.

So, I've decided to go for a brand new 20". More specific, Echo lite 09` Spec 1 from Tarty.

Question is; do I go for front V or Magura?

front vee...lighter works just as well (Y)

I started off on stock....just got a mod for messing round on, if your small mod would be easier to learn on...as you're 6 2" id say stock to start ;)

front vee...lighter works just as well (Y)

I started off on stock....just got a mod for messing round on, if your small mod would be easier to learn on...as you're 6 2" id say stock to start ;)

Well, I kind of agree. But it seems hard to get hands on a good stock bike. Really can't be arsed with some new Onza. Doesn't even look good :)

And at the moment, I don't have a bike at all, and want to get started.

You say I stick around until a 26" pops up?

Also think it seems a but unsafe to prepay some 500£ bike privatly. Might end up at some moron who doesn't send the bike..

Well, I kind of agree. But it seems hard to get hands on a good stock bike. Really can't be arsed with some new Onza. Doesn't even look good :)

And at the moment, I don't have a bike at all, and want to get started.

You say I stick around until a 26" pops up?

Also think it seems a but unsafe to prepay some 500£ bike privatly. Might end up at some moron who doesn't send the bike..

I personally only buy second hand...and id build it from scratch..ive built all 5 of mine like that and saved a bundle (Y)