Onza Comp Falling Apart

eddie41085

hi recently bought onza comp 2009 about 5 days ago and its alreay falling apart the back wheel is become loose and brake pads are rubbing on tyre when im just riding along without pressing the brakes im not impressed with it at all anyone gimmie some advice

the back wheel is loose and tried tightning but just becomes to tight and brakes hold bike

sounds like the cones need tightening on your rear axel, a few that i sold this year had the same problem, once tightened up once properly, they have been ok,

not sure what your last sentance means though sorry, it doesent make sense, (even to me and im the worst at spelling!) lol

best thing to do, would be nip it back to the shop you bought it from and ask them to tighten the rear cones , most shops would do it free of charge if the bikes only 5 days old i would have thought.

thats asuming you got it from a shop.

If you bought it on the net, then easyest thing to do is still take it to a bike shop and get the cones tightened up propperly, i would charge around £10, to do this, but it may vary as i know im cheep on labour costs,

hope that helps you out,

rob

adjust the rear brake pads how do i do that or what does it involve and the back cones sorry new to this can i tighten it up myself..what are they?

cheers for the help guys

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/wiki/How_to_...p_a_Magura_HS33 - Adjusting maggies. :)

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/wiki/Tightening_cones - Tightening cones. :)

Edited by Jake Beach

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I think the Onza bikes in the 2009 range tend to come with some crap parts on them.

I’ve had my Onza Blade for a month an a bit. Its already making some seriously dodgy noises, sounds like the crank is on its way out and in the first week of owning it I had to get new front hub because the bearings went in the one that was on it. Luckily the shop just gave me the wheel out of another blade.

Much like you I haven’t been impressed with its stupidly high maintenance. However it is a cracking to ride and despite all that I still love it.

To be honest I think the Onza bikes in the 2009 range tend to come with some crap parts on them.

Of course they do. They're cheap.

They would be Ok, if you rode it smoothly, and knew how to care for parts. Unfortunately, though, these bikes are aimed at beginners, who can do neither :P (Usually, that is. No offence.)

All you need to do with any new bike at all, is rebuild it all. Sounds anal, but every single time I or any of my mates have had a new bike, something always comes loose and nothing is ever greased.

If I were you I'd get a mate to come round who really knows what they're doing and go over the whole bike and regrease and tighten everything that needs it, locktight the BB in etc. It's an effort, but makes everything last longer.

All you need to do with any new bike at all, is rebuild it all. Sounds anal, but every single time I or any of my mates have had a new bike, something always comes loose and nothing is ever greased.

If I were you I'd get a mate to come round who really knows what they're doing and go over the whole bike and regrease and tighten everything that needs it, locktight the BB in etc. It's an effort, but makes everything last longer.

What if you don't have a friend who can do that? :/ anyone local wanna give me a hand when it gets here? :D

Muel, that IS anal :P I tend to just tighten things as they come loose which as the basher I am, is eerything all the time :P

Onza 'cheapness' is great though because it teaches beginners how to look after things properly, and appreciate how the good parts are actually good

It pisses me off when new bikes get built up and they haven’t bothered to grease the parts.

Yes looking after your bike will make it last longer but the main reason my Blade isn’t holding up so well is because I haven’t been riding very long and I’m not very smooth. I’m guessing the reason your Comp has taken a beating is much the same

No, new bikes are never built properly! Therefore they can wear out quicker. A classic one is having the cones and locknuts not lamped up tight, and then the bearing destroy themselves within a few rides.

So just go around the bike when I eventually bloody get it! And tighten everything up basically? :)