Need Help For A Fork For Norco Moment

snoolax

Hello guys,

I am getting a 2nd hand norco moment, yea i know its ryan leech old frame. i am into doing street trials that pure trials, and i prefer a 26 than a 24, which is my reason for getting that..

I am thinking that is it a must to set it up with a front sus fork? as is the frame designed for that purpose? i am more keen on having a rigid (low cost, lighter, low maintence) but i am not eliminating the option of having a front sus..

Need opinions on this.. thanks!

i think its a bomber fork by marzocchi

i was specialy modified for 65mm of travel if i remember right

i would go for something like a dirt jam pro 80m of travel and quite cheap but theres no adjustment on them

the other fork would be a rock shox something like a pike as its got travel adjustment

thanks bikeperson and maxxis26!

yup i did some measurements, its around -10bb

currently i am running a canondale fatty R fork. I think its a normal geometry (400mm?) fork... if there anyway which i can still run that fork but push it higher/longer so that i will have a better BB geometry?

Or is there no other choice that i definitely have to get a geometry corrected fork to corret the negative bb? thanks!

theres a few forks around that could help...

you may have to have a GOOD look around ebay and the for sale section maybe even put up a wanted

i know saracen did some on one of there bikes but not in the style you want

your only option maybe to run suspention and have them setup rather hard

Edited by maxxis26

thanks guys!

how do i see whether the fork is longer than a normal fork? is the the crown height? sorry i am new to tech specifications..

was looking at the alu 29er forks and their weight seems decent! from 800 to 900g..

a side question,

should i match my moment with a heavy front fork since the frame itself is slightly heavier than normal alu frames.. i feel that most of the weight is more at the rear.. is balancing the bike CG important?

thanks again guys, all the help are really appreciated.

an add on... was thinking bout this.. what are the possible implciations of a geometry corrected fork.. will the front be too high?

the idea of a geo correcting fork is to bring the bb up

as in your problem the bb is -10mm because the frame is designed to work with a sus fork, but you want to run rigid so the fork is to bring up the bb height not the front end

hope i answered that properly

running a long fork wont affect the geo cause the frame is ment to have a longer than normal fork to account for the suspention

if looking for a long fork is should state that fact in the description

• 1 month later...