How Do You Extend Handlebars

rab shropshire

It's perfectly safe as long as you don't extend them more than about an inch either side.

Get some wooden dowel that's just too big to go down the bar, sand the end to have a bit of the bevel on the edge, then hammer it down inside about 2-3", then cut off the legnth you want from what is sticking out, wrap tape around it until it os the same width as the bar, fit your grips, then take a permanent pen and colour in the end of the wood so it's black.

I ran mine like this for over a year! Never needed any work doing to it.

It's perfectly safe as long as you don't extend them more than about an inch either side.

Get some wooden dowel that's just too big to go down the bar, sand the end to have a bit of the bevel on the edge, then hammer it down inside about 2-3", then cut off the legnth you want from what is sticking out, wrap tape around it until it os the same width as the bar, fit your grips, then take a permanent pen and colour in the end of the wood so it's black.

I ran mine like this for over a year! Never needed any work doing to it.

:lol: I f**kin loves it!

Proper old school bodgeing!

Matt

It ain't bodging you peasant! It's constructive use of existing materials! :lol:

It's very light, it squashes slightly so it holds onto the inside of the bar, and it's relatively strong whilst still allowing some shock absorbtion when it's needed.

I dont see much point, for me thinner bars are better :huh: strange, but i find with thinner bars i get more power with minimal balance loss.

In fact i would say there is virtually no loss of balance

Could you say on a balance beam 4 ft off the ground? :P

You're right about power though, shorter bars give better power. If you think about the extremes, having 30" wide bars, if you move your left arm forward 2", the wheel's not going to turn as much as if you bars were 4" wide. I guess thats what they mean by better balance, you have more control over the angles of which the wheel turns?

I dno