Good Advice Needed

vongar_kuu

Having ridden my stock Commencal as a street bike for the last year or so, decided to get myself a xcore trials to make up the difference that my commencal lacks in terms of "trialsy things". Pretty much set on a GU but not set on whether i should get a stock or mod.

Like i said, been riding a lot of street with a bit of trials based gaps and hop ups but i can't decide on whether a stock or mod would suit me better. I want a bit of a change (so im not spending money on a bike which differs from my commencal slightly) but i dont want to have that bigger change.

Thoughts?

If you ride in a streety style and don't want to just do static moves then why a GU? Try something more streetily inclinced like the yabaa with the seat or a 24''? Going for a long and low barge may just kill all enjoyment for you as those bikes aren't great at using at speed.

If you intend on riding streety street (manuals, bunnyhops, spins etc) as well as trials, i'm with Matt - try a 24"? I love mine to pieces, just does everything i need it to. Or you could hunt down an old streety stock like a Leeson 660, Planet X Zebdi, Pashley MHZ/ GHZ. Admittedly the stocks wont be as pogo-stick-esque as the GU, but it'll let you mix it up a bit with the street moves a lot easier.

Nah, the good thing is im keeping my commencal (i trust it like a mother) so ill still be riding street on my stock commy. It's just that its limited in terms of trialsy things (which i like) so whether i get a mod or stock, im still riding my commy. Hence the mod or stock question.

If you ride in a streety style and don't want to just do static moves then why a GU?

I crave the trialsy things that a streety bike cant solve. I'll still be riding street (primarily even) but i intend to fill out some hours with some static moves as well (and it looks niiiiiiiiiiice)